Help Wanted Construction Estimator
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, a Northwest based heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Construction Estimator to be based out of our company headquarters located in Stayton, OR.
The Construction Estimator will prepare cost estimates at different levels of design for various delivery systems such as Construction Manager / General Contractor (CMGC), Design Build and Hard Dollar. Projects will consist of waste- water treatment facilities, potable water treatment facilities, hydropower facili- ties, fisheries, pipelines and various water infrastructure ranging from $1-100 million dollars.
Organization, attention to detail, ability to work within tight time constraints and under pressure; and ability to work within a proposal team are all important for proper performance of required duties.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serve as the point of contact for internally and coordinate the parameters of the estimating assignment.
• Review design documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for key project elements.
• Develop costs estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
• Review the final multi-discipline estimate and prepare report deliverables for the end user. o Lead preparation of smaller estimates and lead project estimating teams.
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience
• 10 plus years of related experience of which 5 plus years estimating experience is required
• Field experience is required
• The ability to estimate all disciplines with an emphasis in Earthwork, Site piping, & Process Mechanical.
• Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate
• Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant experience required
• Strong computer skills required
• Must be proficient in using MS Word, and Excel
• Cost control and scheduling exposure is a plus
• Hydro/Fish facility experience is a plus
• Experience in pipelines and various water conveyance systems is a plus • Planswift experience is a plus
• HCSS (Heavybid) Estimating software knowledge is a plus
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommo- dations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
BT15901605 OR CCB # 208848