FONT

MORE STORIES


This week features the Morris Marks House, 1430 Glisan and the Macadam Center

Relocation: Morris Marks House

2177 S.W. Broadway Dr.

Area: Marquam GulchPAMPLIN MEDIA GROUP: JULES ROGERS - The new location of the Morris Marks House is off the 405 near the Ross Island exit, where everyone heading south can see it.

Property owner: Portland Parks and Rec

Restoration: Arciform

Relocator: Oxbo Mega Transport Solutions

The 1886 single family home is 2,664 square feet. Last September, the Morris Marks House was moved in two pieces from its former location at 1134 S.W. 12th Ave. through Portland State University's campus to its new home. Steven Blindheim and his family owned the house and its

old site, and sold the house to Karen

Karlsson for $1 — it was Karlsson who came up with the plan for the move.

Arciform was responsible for dis- and

re-assembling the house during its

move., and will restore it.

The triangular corner lot was assessed for $210,000 in 2017. Before the historic house's relocation, it was a blank site.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine