FONT

MORE STORIES


This week features the Morris Marks House, 1430 Glisan and the Macadam Center

Fire: the Macadam Center

5125 S.W. Macadam Ave.

District: John's LandingPAMPLIN MEDIA GROUP: JULES ROGERS - Officials said the electrical fire started as smoke in an elevator.

Owner: Multnomah Properties, Inc.

An electrical fire caused this commercial complex to go up in flames at the end of January. Firefighters said the building lost its structural integrity within two hours, after which the roof collapsed. The building was older than sprinkler system requirements, and didn't have any.

Businesses inside the Macadam Center included Cau's Deli, Picture Perfect photo, Roberts Salon, Documart and Macadam Nail Boutique.

Rumor has it the owner is shopping around with local architects to see what can be done with the property.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine