Daily News Where you Live
Christmas morning fire injures man
Firefighters contain fire to converted bedroom in garage
A Beaverton man was seriously injured in a Christmas morning house fire that also displaced four additional adults.
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue was called to the home on Southwest Meadowbrook Way at 11:32 a.m. Thursday and quickly extinguished flames that were contained in part of the garage converted into a bedroom.
Neighbors helped the victim get outside, where paramedics treated him before he was transported to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Three other occupants were home but escaped uninjured.
The cause of the fire was not immediately determined as TVF&R continues its investigation.
The American Red Cross responded and is providing temporary lodging and other services to the residents.
Add a comment