FONT

MORE STORIES


One resident of the apartment told firefighters that he was downstairs watching television while the other resident was asleep in the bedroom upstairs

Clackamas Fire officials say both residents of an apartment in Milwaukie were able to escape a Saturday morning fire, unharmed with their dog, thanks to working smoke alarms in their residence.

PHOTO COURTESY: CLACKAMAS FIRE - The window of a Milwaukie apartment's second-story bedroom was broken out after a Saturday fire.At 3:15 a.m. on March 4, Clackamas firefighters responded to a fire at Hidden Village Apartments, 3430 S.E. Harrison St. Finding the fire in a second-story apartment bedroom, the firefighters quickly extinguished it and contained it the bedroom, said Steve Hoffeditz, Clackamas Fire spokesman.

One resident of the apartment told firefighters that he was downstairs watching television while the other resident was asleep in the bedroom upstairs when the smoke detector sounded.

"This is a great example of smoke alarms making a difference in a residence," Hoffeditz said. "Lives were saved and property damage was kept to a minimum this morning due to early detection."

Clackamas Fire was aided at the scene by Portland Fire and Milwaukie Police departments.

Contract Publishing

Go to top