Forest Grove

Oct. 20

n A man called police after his friend failed to come home after running an errand to buy marijuana the day before. The man said he was unable to reach his friend and this was very unusual.

n A father called police after his 15-year-old son pushed him and then packed up his things and left. Police are looking to chat with the son about his actions.

n A man found two small dogs in his yard without collars or tags. He called police after unsuccessfully walking and driving around the neighborhood looking for their owners. Police took the dogs to the Bonnie Hayes Small Animal Shelter. Later, a citizen called to report her two dogs missing. Officers suggested she call the shelter.    

Oct. 21

n A citizen called police after finding a jar of marijuana sitting in a greenway area.

n A driver was cited for having an open container of alcohol while driving.

n A caller was concerned after getting strange text messages from the “Oregon State Police” regarding a restraining order. The Oregon State Police does not send text messages about restraining orders.

n A woman on 22nd Avenue thought her ex-husband might be a suspicious person, but had no way to prove it.

n Police checked on a man after receiving a report that he was in a loud argument with someone. The man was actually alone and arguing with himself. Officers are familiar with the man, and believes he suffers from mental health issues. Officers asked the man to quiet down and determined he was not a danger to himself as long as the argument did not become physical.

Oct. 22

n Officers responded to a domestic disturbance on 26th Avenue. A woman was trying to retrieve items from her ex-boyfriend’s home, but he would not allow her to. The situation became physical. The woman became upset with officers after receiving advice to return at a pre-arranged time to retrieve these items.

n Officers asked a man to leave the library. He became loud and told a library employee to “shut up” after he was asked to quiet down.

n Officers responded to an injury rear-end crash near the intersection of 19th Avenue and Oak Street.

n An off-duty Forest Grove police captain followed a late night drunk driver from Hillsboro through the back roads north of town all the way to the Verboort area where a Washington County Sheriff’s Office deputy and several Forest Grove units arrived to assist. The female driver was arrested for her third DUII and later took a breath test which showed a .14 percent blood alcohol level.

Oct. 23

n Three subjects were caught on video applying graffiti to the backside of Neil Armstrong Middle School. The investigation is continuing.

n A juvenile was reported to be missing, but she posted a Facebook message stating she was safe.

n Police assisted the Washington County juvenile department in arresting a juvenile who violated his house arrest.

n A babysitter lost track of a 5-year-old girl who followed her father out the door “to go to the store” after he left to go to WalMart. The child went to a nearby convenience store, where a clerk called police. Apparently, the babysitter became distracted by another child she was watching. 

n A citizen reported that someone was trespassing in their home. It turned out that another family member invited the person inside, so it was not trespassing.  

Oct. 24

n Police responded to the intersection of Sunset Drive and 26th Avenue after receiving a call that a girl was hit by a car while in the crosswalk. The girl was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. The driver of the car was cited for failing to stop for a pedestrian.

n A local assisted living center called for police assistance after an elderly man became uncooperative with staff. Officers talked with the man, who explained that he got upset because he did not like the facility but had not committed any crime.

n A woman called police after her ex-boyfriend smashed her pumpkins, broke out her windows and stole her car. Officers found the ex-boyfriend in Cornelius and the victim’s vehicle in his garage. He was arrested and lodged at the Washington County Jail.

n Officers responded to a domestic disturbance between parents and their son. The son assaulted his father with a stick, then accused his mother of killing someone and attempting to set him up for the crime. Police don’t believe the son’s claims are true. He was arrested and lodged at the Washington County Jail.

Oct. 25

n Safeway called about a man in a business suit acting strange and alarming customers. Police are familiar with the man, who they believe has some mental health issues. He was asked to move along.

n Police responded to a group of four people fighting in the 3900 block of Pacific Avenue. Officers contacted the group, who all denied fighting. One of the subjects was identified as a runaway and was returned home.

n Officers responded to a rear-end crash near the intersection of 23rd Avenue and E Street. The driver causing the crash was cited for Careless Driving.

n A local group-home manager called police regarding theft of money and medication. While at the scene investigating, officers discovered a suicide note written by one of the residents. This resident was taken into custody on a police hold and transported to the hospital.

Oct. 26

n An elderly woman at a local care facility called police to report that she was shot in the shoulder the night before by a woman who was trying to kill her, and she didn’t feel safe. Officers determined it was actually just a bad dream and no one had actually harmed her.

n Police stopped a car at Laurel Road and 22nd Place after recognizing the driver, who had a misdemeanor-level suspended license. A passenger in the car became extremely belligerent and uncooperative, then threatened to kill officers.

n Police responded to 19th Avenue after receiving a report that a man had been screaming for nearly 15 minutes. Officers found an intoxicated 70-year-old man lying on the ground. He apparently fell in his driveway after having too much to drink but was not injured. Officers helped him up and sent him inside to go to bed.

n Police were called by a man who claimed that another man had sprayed him with “bear mace.” Officers checked and were additionally assisted by medical crews, who could find no sign that he actually had been sprayed. Apparently, the two recently ended their relationship and neither one of their stories seemed to add up.



n Police responded to N.W. Jarvis Place where they found intoxicated neighbors pushing each other around.

n Police went to Ashton Drive to take a report from a woman who said her boyfriend kicked her and left a bruise. It was reported to the Astoria Police Department a few days later.

n Police transported a boy to the Washington County Juvenile Department who was listed as a runaway and had warrants to be taken into custody. Officers found him at N.W. Wilkes Road.

n Police arrested a woman on Banks Road on a warrant.

n Police looked into a report of a man allegedly sending inappropriate photos to a girl on Facebook.

n An older woman was found deceased on N.W. Groveshire Road.

n A car parked on N.W. Jarvis Place was keyed.

n A man was arrested and transported to the Washington County Jail for strangling his friend.


Oct. 7

n A driver was cited for driving without a license after he was involved in a traffic accident near the intersection of Baseline Road and 12th Avenue.

n Graffiti was found on a business in the 300 block of N. 26th Avenue.

n A mother told police her runaway daughter had returned.

n An officer responded to the 500 block of S.19th Avenue to help diffuse an argument between a divorced couple about property ownership.

n A woman found two small dogs with no tags roaming in a neighborhood, but no owners. They were taken to Bonnie Hays Small Animal Shelter in Hillsboro.

Oct. 8

n Officers responded to the 2400 block of S. Dogwood Street, where they found cousins, ages 11 and 12, fighting in the house. No crime was committed.

n Officers assisted a Washington Civil Deputy with a restraining order.

n A boy with a history of running away left home without permission. He returned a few hours later.

n A citizen reported their bedroom window broken in the 500 block of N. Adair Street.

n A man was trying to return merchandise he had not purchased at a store in the 2200 block of Baseline Street.

Oct. 9

n An employee at a business in the 1000 block of Baseline Road reported that someone was trying to pull open the back door. Police checked the area but didn’t find anyone.

n A person reported that a few juveniles were applying graffiti to a bus stop at the corner of Baseline Road and Fourth Avenue. Officers arrived and found one kid at the stop using Halloween spray foam.

n A woman was sleeping in a store in the 100 block of N. 20th Avenue and was refusing to leave. An officer showed up and she agreed to leave and not return.

Oct. 10

n A man out for a walk near the 2000 block of S. Beech Street found a garden hose pushed into an RV window, flooding the vehicle. He shut off the water and called police.

n An officer assisted a woman who locked herself out of her residence in the 2600 block of S. Beech Street.

n A customer reported that a man was yelling at another man who was about 80 years old in a store in the 2200 block of Baseline Street. Officers couldn’t locate them.

n A citizen reported receiving unwanted phone calls and texts. Officers left a message for the caller to stop. The unwanted calls have stopped.

n A business in the 2200 block of Baseline Street reported that someone called and claimed to be a technician from a money-wire business, and tried to get store employees to transfer money under the guise of a “test transaction.”

Oct. 11

n An employee at a business in the 1000 block of Baseline Street reported that a man was making strange and concerning statements. He left before police arrived and they were not able to locate him.

n Officers assisted children’s services workers with taking children into protective custody.

n Neighbors reported a disturbance in the 200 block of S. First Avenue where children were running out of the house crying. Officers found a couple was having a verbal argument and no crime was committed.

n Officers responded to a disturbance between a man and woman in the 400 block of Eighth Avenue.

n A boy reportedly punched his mother’s fiance in the head several times. He was arrested and the case was referred to the Washington County Juvenile Department.

Oct. 12

n A 17-year-old girl was out of control during an argument with her father about an iPod. She ran out of the house and went to the police station. Officers determined no crime had been committed and she was returned home.

n A man was cited for careless driving and driving without insurance after he drove off the road, through a utility pole and into a vacant building.

n A customer reported a bike stolen from a storefront in the 2200 block of Baseline Street.

n A woman reported that she was assaulted by her boyfriend. Officers are investigating.

Oct. 13

n A driver fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a utility pole in the 2100 block of Baseline Street.

n A woman reported that someone threw eggs at her car overnight.

Oct. 14

n Officers responded to the 200 block of N. 10th Avenue where a couple was fighting. They agreed to separate until they were calm.

n A man saw another man going through items in his neighbor’s yard. When the neighbor approached the man, he took off on a bike. The neighbor chased the man, who dropped he bike and jumped over a fence in the 500 block of Emerald Loop.

Oct. 15

n A bicyclist was struck by a vehicle and received minor injuries.

n A citizen called police to report that their neighbor’s 4-year-old child was often left home alone. Officers visited the residence but found no one home. They asked the neighbor to call back when they believed the child was home alone again.

n A citizen reported that a woman she knows was continually coming to her door, ringing the doorbell and beating on the door. Officers checked the neighborhood but couldn’t locate her.

Oct. 16

n A woman reported her ex-husband was harassing her and her new boyfriend.

n A bike was stolen from a business in the 200 block of N. Adair Street.

n Officers are investigating a case of assault and strangulation near the intersection of 14th Avenue and S. Alpine Street.

Oct. 17

n Officers cited a man for stalking.

n A father asked officers checked to check on his 4-year-old son, who lives with his mother. He hadn’t seen him for four days and the boy’s daycare provider said the son was home sick. The officer let the dad know his son was fine.

n A passerby reported that a utility pole had been struck and damaged by a vehicle in the 1400 block of Baseline Street.

n An officer went to Forest Grove’s Tuality Hospital to question a 20-year-old man who had multiple pullet gun wounds on his arms and legs. He refused to cooperate and said only that he was “with friends and they were just being dumb.”

Oct. 18

n A motorist reported that suspicious men wearing suspenders and holding boots were attempting to scam people for money near the intersection of Baseline and 26th Avenue. The men, who also happened to be wearing yellow fire pants and standing near a fire truck, were members of the Cornelius Fire Department collecting donations to fight cancer.

n A business owner in the 1300 block of Baseline reported continuing and unwanted contact from an ex-employee. An officer determined this is a civil dispute over wages. The ex-employee was directed to stop the contact and take her issue to the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries or contact an attorney.

n An elderly woman was transported to Tuality Hospital after crashing her car into a utility pole near the intersection of Adair Street and 20th Avenue.

n Staff of a business in the 200 block of N. Adair Street contacted a group of people claiming to be part of a church group selling candy in the parking lot. The group did not have permission and became aggressive and confrontational towards security personnel when asked to leave. The group began to disperse when they heard police had been called. An officer responded and contacted part of the group, who agreed to leave.

n A citizen reported possible trespassers at an apartment previously damaged in a fire. They turned out to be the previous tenants who are now homeless as a result of the fire and are waiting for new residential opportunities.

Oct. 19

n A woman called to report that her estranged husband came to the house during the night and stole their Mitsubishi. He sent her a message letting her know his new girlfriend enjoys driving the car. An officer told her that because the car is registered solely to him, she cannot report it as stolen.

n A resident in the 2800 block of N. Barlow Street reported that more than $1,000 worth of tools, stereo equipment and other items were stolen from a storage shed.

n Officers responded to an accident near the intersection of N. 12th Avenue and N. Adair Street.

n Two bikes were reported stolen from a house in the 2200 block of N. Fremont Street.

n A reckless driver was reportedly driving 80 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood. The vehicle was tracked to the registered owner’s house. The owner’s 17-year-old son was driving the car when the incident allegedly occurred. The boy admitted driving “silly,” but not at 80 miles per hour. Officers gave a stern lecture regarding the privilege of driving and the consequences that further poor or “silly” driving could have.

Oct. 20

n A 16-year-old boy left home without permission after being involved in an argument with his mother.

n An officer took a report of an unknown person stealing a pair of old Romeo shoes from a parked vehicle overnight. Nothing else was missing.

n A balding man, about 40 years old, wearing a red shirt and white Adidas shoes, was seen stealing a bicycle from a bike rack at a business in the 2200 block of Baseline Street.

n A man was cited for following too closely after being involved in a crash where he “looked away for a second” and then rear-ended another vehicle in front of him.

n Police responded to a report of a 16-year-old girl who locked herself in a bathroom and threatened to overdose on pills and cut herself. Officers were able to calm her down and she agreed to go with her mother to seek treatment at a medical facility.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine