Forest Grove police log
- A convenience store employee reported an individual wearing latex gloves sitting in a vehicle in the parking lot for an extended period of time without exiting the vehicle, and that the vehicle had pulled into the lot multiple times over the course of the evening. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle or the driver.
- A caller reported seeing a man drive up to a woman on the sidewalk and try to force her into the vehicle. Officers contacted the couple and learned the woman had been a passenger in the vehicle but exited after a heated verbal argument.
- Officers arrested a man for multiple offenses after he attempted to flee officers and then tried to run over a Forest Grove Police sergeant with his vehicle while fleeing from officers.
- A child called the police when he could not wake his father. Officers located the father who was simply, but presumably rather deeply, asleep. Both father and child were in no distress.
- Police responded when a woman was located in a restaurant bathroom unconscious and covered in vomit during her 21st birthday celebration. The woman was transported to a medical facility for treatment.
- Police received multiple reports of a man acting belligerently and aggressively at various locations along Pacific Avenue, including reports of threats, intimidation and indecent exposure. Officers were able to locate the man in a local business and ultimately arrested him for offensive littering after they witnessed him throw garbage on the ground and not pick it up.
- A convenience store reported the theft of a banana. Officers located a man matching the description enjoying a banana in a nearby park. The store wanted the merchandise paid for and the man trespassed, but a trip to jail was added to the list when it was learned he had a warrant out for his arrest.
- A caller reported that an individual she met through social media was planning to visit her from California but was now demanding a large amount of cash to make repairs and threatening her if she didn't comply. Officers advised that this is a known scam.
- Officers attempted to contact a man who had a felony warrant out for his arrest when he fled out the back door of his residence. After a search of the area yielded no results, the man's mother was able to coax the man out of hiding and help persuade him to turn himself in.
- A man reported suspicious activity at a vacant house in a residential area, concerned that individuals were using the house and leaving human waste at the location. Officers found no one inside the house.
- Police received multiple reports of packages stolen from porches and doorsteps, most occurring in the middle of the day. The FGPD encourages citizens to take precautions when having items delivered to the door when not at home.
- A driver reported seeing an elderly man back his vehicle into a power pole and drive away erratically before crashing into another. While the crash is under investigation, police believe the man may have been experiencing a medical emergency. The man was transported to the hospital.
- Officers responded to a location where a person drank a bottle of aerosol air freshener. He was taken to the hospital and subsequently placed on a peace officer's hold for mental health evaluation.
- A caller reported that a man driving a sports car frequently and intentionally accelerates his vehicle at the caller in order to annoy him.
- University staff asked police to check on a student when she unexpectedly moved out of her dorm, stopped attending classes, and was not responding to calls. Officers tracked the student to her parents' home in Eastern Oregon and confirmed she was fine.
- A caller reported that she had been struck in the throat by an unknown object while sorting her laundry, and further advised that similar things had been occurring for years and that officers had not done anything about it. Officers believe she was experiencing mental health issues.
- An officer was flagged down by a citizen who wanted to report seeing a customer possibly shoplifting from a nearby store.
- A caller reported that she was being hurt in her head and her throat and that her neighbors were responsible. Caller believed that they were entering her apartment when she was gone. Officers believed she was experiencing mental health issues.
- Officers responded to a domestic dispute over relationship issues. Officers determined that there was no crime and made a recommendation that the parties separate and cool off.
- Officers responded to a disturbance involving a weapon. The suspect was described as wearing a top hat, trench coat, fish net stockings and thick framed glasses. The victim stated that the suspect pulled a knife on them for no reason. The suspect was not located.
- Officers responded to a domestic disturbance between brothers. One brother was transported to the Washington County Jail.