Forest Grove Police Log: Feb. 23-March 1
During the week, Forest Grove police officers were engaged in more than 395 activities, both reported and self-initiated.
Friday, Feb. 23
• A caller reported that he met a woman on social media and she was now pressuring him to get married and requesting personal information. He was advised this was likely a scam.
• A postal carrier reported an alarm going off inside a residence. Officers determined that the house was secure and the alarm had been tripped by a "bug bomb."
• A food cart operator reported a man, possibly under the influence of drugs, was bothering customers and employees. Officer assisted the man in accessing public transportation.
Saturday, Feb. 24
• A local bar reported a fight in the parking lot. Officers located two individuals who were intoxicated and had minimal injuries. Both were advised to go home and go to bed.
Sunday, Feb. 25
• A homeowner reported a gang of men in masks walking around the outside of his home late at night. Officers located a group of individuals, who explained they were using the porta-potty on the property. The homeowner was advised of the situation and agreed to let them use the facilities.
• The Forest Grove Police Department assisted the Cornelius Police Department in a search for a driver who had crashed a stolen vehicle and fled on foot. A K-9 track was unsuccessful.
• A caller reported finding drug paraphernalia in a restaurant lavatory. Officers retrieved and disposed of the items.
Monday, Feb. 26
• Police contacted a woman who was seen screaming and running away from a man along Pacific Avenue. The man explained that the woman had stolen his phone. The phone was returned and the couple went their separate ways.
• A man reported an unknown male rang his doorbell and stated he needed an ambulance before walking off. Officers located an intoxicated man nearby with a laceration on his forehead. The man refused to answer any questions and was transported to the hospital.
• Police received a report of a barefoot female walking down B Street arguing with a man in a vehicle. Officers were unable to locate anyone matching the description.
Tuesday, Feb. 27
• An assisted living community reported a resident had made statements about being in pain and wanting to die. Officers took the resident into custody on a peace officer hold and she was transported for medical evaluation.
• A night shift officer spotted a noticeably intoxicated man stumbling down a street late at night. The man was arrested for violating a no-alcohol order on his probation.
• Forest Grove officers assisted Cornelius police in searching for a suspected prowler in the early morning hours.
Wednesday, Feb. 28
• A restaurant employee reported a disruptive and aggressive customer yelling at employees. The man was asked to leave and banned from returning to the location.
• A woman requested a welfare check on a friend who was not answering his door and had known medical issues. Officers located the man safe and asleep in bed but not inclined to talk to the woman.
• A man called police to report his father, who had an outstanding arrest warrant, was at his residence. Officers arrested the man on multiple additional charges after he allegedly threatened and assaulted his son. He was taken to jail.
Thursday, March 1
• A store reported the theft of hundreds of dollars of liquid laundry soap and garbage bags.
• A woman called police concerned about feral cats that were spraying inside her garage.
• A caller reported a man on Pacific Avenue who was making lewd, rude and violent gestures. Police contacted the man who explained he was having an involved conversation with his father on the phone. He agreed to move along.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It can cost as little as 3 cents a day.)