Shed burns, shop damaged
Jefferson County Fire District firefighters responded to the report of a structure fire at 1: 28 p.m., Jan. 14, on Southwest Bear Drive.
On arrival, fire crews found a small animal shelter on fire. The fire had spread to an adjoining shop and extended into the shop's interior roof area.
The flames were quickly extinguished and fire crews were at the scene for one hour. The animal shelter was a total loss and the fire destroyed 12 feet of siding and damaged the roof of the shop. No human occupants or animals were hurt in the fire.
Responding were two fire engines, 10 volunteers, and three fire staff. Mutual aid included the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Madras Police Department, and Jefferson County Emergency Medical Services.