Ducks get 28 runs, two wins
At Tempe, Arizona
Oregon State 14, BYU 9
Georgia 7, Oregon State 0
• The Beavers won their first game of the day with 19 hits and by scoring in every inning but the seventh. OSU improved to 3-0, while 19th-ranked BYU fell to 1-4. Hope Brandner and Alysha Everett homered for the Beavs. Brandner had three RBIs, as did Jessica Garcia, who was 4 for 4. Nerissa Eason and reliever Meehra Nelson divided up the pitching duties, with Nelson (2-0) getting the win.
On Saturday afternoon, OSU gave up three runs in the top of the first to No. 25 Georgia (4-1) and suffered its first loss of the spring.
The Beavers (3-1) managed only four hits in seven innings, none for extra bases.
Oregon 14, Missouri 2
Oregon 14, Texas-El Paso 0
• The Ducks went to 5-0 with a pair of run-rule victories.
Oregon hit four home runs, including a second-inning grand slam by senior Jenna Lilley, and won in five innings on Saturday morning.
Fellow seniors with HRs for UO: Gwen Svekis (her fourth in four games), DJ Sanders (her third) and Lauren Lindvall (her first).
All nine Ducks starters had at least one hit.
Megan Kleist (2-0) allowed six hits and struck out three in five innings.
On Saturday night, Oregon won in a five-inning runaway.
Freshman Lauren Burke's first college hit was a two-run single that helped the Ducks go up 3-0 in the second inning.
A seven-run fourth, which included a pinch-hit, three-run homer by Cherish Burks, made the score 11-0 for the Ducks.
Miranda Elish pitched a complete game.
At San Marcos, Texas
Florida State 11, Portland State 1
• The Vikings fell to 1-3 with a pair of Saturday losses, the second game in five innings to the ninth-ranked Seminoles.
PSU was out-hit 10-5 and 9-2.
Darian Lindsey homered for the Viks against Sam Houston State.
ANTELOPE VALLEY 2, Concordia 1
Concordia 8, Antelope Valley 0
• Kayla Lagerqust went the distance in the nightcap at Lancaster, California, scattering eight hits with three walks and six strikeouts as the Cavaliers raised their record to 5-4.
Alexandria Steen had three hits and three RBIs, and Adrianna Rupright had three hits and two RBIs.
Lewis & Clark 8, WHITTIER 4
WHITTIER 12, Lewis & Clark 6
• Ateisha Norton homered and drove in four runs to lead the Pioneers to victory in the opening game in California.