×

Warning

Failed loading XML file.
StartTag: invalid element name
Extra content at the end of the document

FONT

MORE STORIES


A bedroom fire causes damage to an Inner Southeast home; the cause has not been disclosed

DAVID F. ASHTON - A Portland Fire & Rescue investigator looks into the burned bedroom of this Foster-Powell neighborhood house. Fire broke out just before 8 a.m. on April 18th in the bedroom of a house at 4516 S.E. 65th Avenue near Holgate Boulevard in the Foster-Powell neighborhood.

Crews from PF&R Woodstock Station 25's Engine and Truck companies were the first to arrive, and reported to the dispatcher that dark smoke was rising from the rear of the residence.

A lieutenant later confirmed that the fire started in a rear bedroom. The female occupant escaped the blaze, which soot-darkened all of the windows of the house, and she sheltered in her car while firefighters extinguished the fire. "No one was transported for medical treatment," the lieutenant said.

The fire was knocked down quickly, but firefighters remained there for an hour or more afterward, pulling out charred material, and snuffing out embers using low-pressure "Class A Foam", a penetrating surfactant.

The cause of the fire and the monetary damages estimate have not yet been reported.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine