Firefighters respond to abandoned motor home blaze
Firefighters responded to a fire in an abandoned motor home outside of Rainier, Thursday night, that is being noted as suspicious by fire crews.
Columbia River Fire and Rescue crews responded to Goble School Road in Rainier at 9 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 25, after multiple reports of a trailer fire in the area were received.
When crews arrived, they discovered a 24-foot abandoned motor home on fire. The motor home was located on private property and was in a secluded area, according to information from CRFR.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze in less than 20 minutes, CRFR volunteer coordinator Jennifer Motherway said.
The motor home had been abandoned for at least four months, had no battery and no motor, Motherway explained. Those factors lead CRFR to deem the fire as suspicious, but police are not involved in any investigation, Motherway said.
CRFR responded to the blaze with 10 firefighters, two engines and one water tender.