The Oregon Department of Energy has granted a total of $2 million in Renewable Energy Development grants to 13 projects throughout the state.
This the fifth year the department has provided the grants, which funded electricity generated from biogas, photovoltaic solar, biomass and hydropower. Funds will be distributed after the projects are operational.
The recipients are:
• Kraft-Heinz Co., biogas, Ontario, $175,000
• Deschutes Brewery Inc., biogas, Bend, $175,000
• Obsidian Renewables LLC, photovoltaic, Silver Lake, $175,000
• Farm Power Wilson River LLC, biogas, Tillamook, $38,772
• Enerparc Inc. photovoltaic, Unity, $175,000
• Enerparc Inc., photovoltaic, Vale, $175,000
• Enerparc Inc., photovoltaic, Ontario, $175,000
• Willow Renewable Energy LLC, biomass, Heppner, $175,000
• The Klamath Tribes, photovoltaic, Chiloquin, $175,000
• Three Sisters Irrigation District, hydroelectric, Sisters, $175,000
• The Dalles Wastewater Treatment Plant, biogas, The Dalles, $175,000
• Tri-City Joint Water & Sanitary Authority, photovoltaic, Myrtle Creek, $140,650
• Hillock's Stor-All LLC, photovoltaic, Enterprise, $32,156