Free workshops offered on natural gardening
Want to learn gardening the natural way?
The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District offers a free series of workshops that teach participants how to landscape in a way that conserves water, reduces pollution and attracts beneficial wildlife.
• Urban Weeds, Saturday, Sept. 16, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Bureau of Environmental Services Water Pollution Control Lab, 6543 N. Burlington, Portland
• Native Plants, Thursday, Sept. 21, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 4244 S.E. 91st Ave, Portland, and Wednesday, Sept. 27, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Woodstock Community Center, 5905 S.E. 43rd Ave, Portland
• Beneficial Insects, Saturday, Sept. 23, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Oregon Food Bank, 7900 N.E. 33rd Drive, Portland
• Attracting Pollinators to the Urban Garden, Thursday ,Sept. 28, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m, Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 4244 S.E. 91st Ave, Portland
• Naturescaping Basics, Saturday, Sept. 30, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 4244 S.E. 91st Ave, Portland
Register online at emswcd.org/workshops-and-events/upcoming-workshops/ or call 503-222-7645 for more information.