At Marylhurst College, it's Earth Week
Marylhurst University hosts a series of events in honor of Earth Day, fittingly being called Earth Week.
The series takes place Monday through Thursday, April 16 to 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the Savor Cafe at Clark Commons, on campus. Lunch is available for purchase.
Here is the lineup:
• Forth (Tuesday)
Forth is changing the way we get around. From one gas-burning car for every driver, to an efficient electric way for all.
• Imperfect Produce (Wednesday)
They'll introduce their program of delivering nutritious and delicious produce (it just looks a little different) with free fruits and veggies to sample, and a coupon for your first order.
• West Linn Sustainability Advisory Board (Thursday)
Shape the city's future plans for energy, waste, water and food systems.
• M.S. in Food Systems & Society at Marylhurst (Tuesday)
Marylhurst faculty will answer your questions about our complex food system, including food justice and food equity issues.
• Marylhurst Community Garden
Marylhurst students, staff and faculty share our all-organic garden as well as potluck breakfasts, work parties, and a season-end harvest dinner. Plots available!
• Marylhurst Sustainability Advisory Group, Energy Team, and Students On Sustainability (S.O.S.)
Students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members helps keep earth stewardship a campus priority.
For more information: https://events.marylhurst.edu/event/earth-week-2018/
• Then on Friday, there'll be an ivy pull and tree-planting activity, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. https://events.marylhurst.edu/event/ivy-pull-and-tree-planting/