FONT

MORE STORIES


A malfunctioning HVAC unit was determined to be the cause, and there were no injuries

SUBMITTED PHOTO: DANNY SCHREIBER - There were no injuries after smoke from an HVAC unit filled several rooms at the WLHS performing arts center Tuesday evening. Smoke from a malfunctioning HVAC unit at the West Linn High School performing arts center prompted a single-alarm call to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue late Tuesday afternoon.

The smoke made its way into both the auditorium and music room in the building – which is separate from the main high school building – but it didn't take long for responders to clear the scene, according to TVFR spokesperson Cassandra Ulven.

"It was mitigated pretty quickly," Ulven said. "(The alarm) was recalled pretty quickly, and most units were cleared within about 20 minutes."

There were no injuries, and activities scheduled at the performing arts center that night were cancelled. In a Facebook post, the West Linn-Wilsonville School District noted that the main high school building remained open after the incident, and varsity basketball games were played as scheduled.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine