Skanska is on the move in Portland.
The construction company has leased the fourth and fifth floors — a total of 21,078 square feet — in the 1010 Flanders Building at 1010 N.W. Flanders St. in the Pearl District.
ASB Real Estate Investments and Specht Development Inc. recently completed a $10 million renovation to turn the former industrial building into Class A creative office and retail space. Built in 1922, the building is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. The exterior features a brick facade with timber and concrete construction. The interior offers 10,000-square-foot, flexible floorplates and ceiling heights ranging from 11 to 14 feet. The remodel included the addition of a 2,500-square-foot rooftop deck, bike storage, and shower and locker facilities.
Trevor Kafoury, Al Kennedy and Carlo Castoro, all of CBRE, represented the building owners in the lease transaction. Brad Christiansen of Colliers International represented Skanska.
Skanska's Oregon operations currently are in the KOIN Tower at 222 S.W. Columbia St. in downtown Portland.
Last month, ASB completed a $67.5 million purchase of the Leland James Building at 2175 N.W. Raleigh St. Located in Portland's fast-changing Slabtown neighborhood, the 117,591-square-foot building contains creative office space.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)