Closures continue for Monday
Portland-area roads remain icy and slick Monday morning and travelers should be extremely careful.
Closures continued into Monday following this weekend's snow and freezing rain.
The Oregon Department of Transportation warns that Portland-area roads remain icy and slick Monday morning and travelers should be extremely careful. The thaw from Sunday's ice storm is under way but highways remain dangerous in many areas with numerous spinouts reported.
Check conditions at TripCheck.com before traveling or postpone travels until conditions improve.
Closures and late-starts include:
• Beaverton School District: UPDATE: As of 7:15 a.m. Monday, Beaverton School District is closed. The district previously announced a late start. Monday night's school board meeting has not been postponed.
• Tigard-Tualatin School District: UPDATE: Now closed Monday, rather than late openings. Parts of the district continue to have icy roads.
• Sherwood School District: Two hours late.
• Hillsboro School District: UPDATE: Schools closed, but district buildings remain open.
• Forest Grove School District: UPDATE: Closed.
• Banks School District: Closed. All athletics and activities canceled. School board meeting canceled.
• Gaston School District: Two hours late, buses on snow routes.
• Northwest Regional Educational Service District, Washington County: Service center two hours late start. Staff directed to report in as is safe to do so.
• Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation: All facilities are closed until noon and all morning classes and activities canceled.
• Valley Catholic School: UPDATE: Now closed for Monday; roads in outlying areas are too dangerous.
• Montessori School of Beaverton: Closed.
• Community Action — Washington County: Two hour late opening; no morning Headstart.
• PCC: UPDATE: Opening at noon, gates and doors open at 11 a.m.. All activities and services canceled prior to 10 a.m.
• Pacific University: Opening at 10 a.m.
• Lewis & Clark College: Closed.
• Marylhurst University: Open at 10 a.m.
• Portland State University: Opening at 10 a.m. Classes prior to that are canceled.
• Jesuit High School: Late opening at 9:25 a.m.
• Horizon Christian — Tualatin: PreK-12th grade will start two hours late; Learning Center opens at 10 a.m.
• Pilgrim Lutheran: Opening at 10 a.m., No morning preschool.
• Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center: All clinics opening at 10 a.m.
• The Oregon Zoo will be closed Monday.
• Multnomah County: Facilities open at noon due to icy conditions. Downtown Portland courts open at 10 a.m.
This story will be updated as news becomes available.