A woman and two children were in an apartment that caught fire due to an explosion that occurred during the manufacture of hash oil.

WASHINGTON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE - Troix Chandler was arrested after a hash oil operation caught fire in Beaverton. Two children and a woman were in a residence that caught fire as a result of an explosion caused by the manufacture of hash oil at about 10:50 p.m. on Wednesday night, according to Beaverton Police Public Information Officer, Mike Rowe.

The woman and children did not sustain injuries, but one man was burned.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue said Christopher L. Gibbons, 43, of Beaverton was taken to the hospital around 11:15 p.m. from an apartment at 6320 S.W. Lombard Avenue, No. 24. There was no fire when crews arrived, but heavy smoke remained.

Beaverton Police said they determined the explosion was caused by the manufacturing process of hash oil, also known as honey butane oil.

The fire began in the kitchen. Troix A Chandler, 31, of Beaverton was arrested on charges of manufacturing a controlled substance, reckless endangerment and an arson incident at the scene and Gibbons, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries will be placed under arrest once he is released from the hospital.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine