Deadline looms for May primary
The deadline to vote in this primary election is 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 15. But Washington County elections officials are encouraging voters to mail or drop off their ballots as soon as possible.
Voters should have received their ballots by mail last weekend.
Due to a proofing error, approximately 3,700 new ballot packets are being printed and sent this week to some voters registered in Cornelius. Only the Metro Council contests on roughly two-thirds of the original ballots printed for voters in Cornelius were affected by this error. No other candidate or measure on the 2018 Primary Election ballot for Washington County was affected.
Voters in Cornelius who receive these re-issued ballots are encouraged to re-vote on all of the races shown and cast their new ballots before the deadline of 8 p.m. May 15. Voters who have already voted and wish their original ballots to be counted without regard to the error may do so, in which case only the eligible contests on these original ballots will be counted and no vote for the Metro Council races will be tallied. In either case, no duplicate ballots will be counted by Washington County elections officials.
All voters in Washington County will have until Thursday, May 10, to send their completed ballots in appropriately signed envelopes with a postmark from the U.S. Postal Service. After this date, completed ballots should be dropped off at official collection sites in order to meet the election's May 15 deadline.
Ballot drop-off sites can be found on the Washington County website at: www.co.washington.or.us/elections
24-hour Drop Off Sites
Voters may drop off their completed ballots at several 24-hour drop-off sites, including:
• Washington County Elections Office, 3700 S.W. Murray Blvd., Beaverton (Look for the slot in the front lobby.)
• Washington County Sheriff's Office and Jail Parking Lot, 236 S.W. Dennis Ave., Hillsboro (Temporary location due to seismic retrofitting at the Public Services Building.)
• Banks Library, 42461 N.W. Market St., Banks
• Cornelius City Hall, 1355 N. Barlow St., Cornelius
• Forest Grove City Library, Pacific Avenue and Birch Street, Forest Grove
• Hillsboro Library Main Branch, 2850 N.E. Brookwood Parkway, Hillsboro
• King City City Hall, 15300 S.W. 116th Ave., King City
• North Plains City Hall, 31360 N.W. Commercial St., North Plains
• Sherwood City Hall, 22560 S.W. Pine St., Sherwood
• Tigard City Hall, 13125 S.W. Hall Blvd., Tigard
• Tualatin City Offices, 18880 S.W. Martinazzi Ave., Tualatin
Indoor Drop-Off Sites
Official drop boxes at indoor locations (limited hours of operation are available by phone) include:
• Aloha Community Library, 17455 S.W. Farmington Road, Suite. 26A, Aloha (phone: 503-259-0185)
• Beaverton Library, 12375 S.W. Fifth St., Beaverton (phone: 503-644-2197)
• Bethany Library, 15325 N.W. Central Drive, Suite J-8, Portland (phone: 503-617-7323)
• Cedar Mill Library, 12505 N.W. Cornell Road, Portland (phone: 503-644-0043)
• Hillsboro Library Shute Park, 775 S.E. 10th Ave., Hillsboro (phone: 503-615-6500)
• West Slope Library, 3678 S.W. 78th Ave., Portland (phone: 503-292-6416)