Second night market is Aug. 11
Beaverton Night Market will have most of the same food and craft vendors, but a different entertainment lineup, for its second and final event of the summer.
The market is from 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 11, at The Round, 12725 S.W. Millikan Way. Both market events are sponsored by the city's Diversity Advisory Board, which also sponsored the single 2017 market.
The market is a showcase for cultures around the world.
Scheduled for Saturday's stages are:
• Huehca Omeyocan, an Aztec cultural group.
• Lion dancing, which originated in China but has spread throughout Asia.
• DJ Anjali & The Incredible Kid, offering a mix of Bhangra, Bollywood and Latin tunes.
• POPgoji, mashing up American pop and soul with Brazilian beats.
• Ronny Hermiz, a guitarist, singer and composer who blends Latin jazz, Mediterranean music and rumba flamenca from Spain.
Admission is free. Vendors accept cash — an automated teller machine is at the information booth — and some will accept debit and credit cards.
Parking is extremely limited on site because of construction on nearby projects, including The Rise with 230 apartments. Millikan Way will be closed from Southwest Rose Biggi Avenue to the entrance to the parking garage next to City Hall/The Beaverton Building to allow for unimpeded pedestrian crossings.
Free shuttles will be available from 4:30 to 10:30 p.m. from lots at Beaverton High School, 13000 S.W. 2nd St.; Beaverton City Library, 12375 S.W. 5th St., and Beaverton City Park, 12500 S.W. 4th St.
Visitors can also use the MAX Blue Line, which stops at the Beaverton Central station at The Round, or TriMet bus lines 57 and 20.
Beaverton has sponsored night markets since 2015.
NOTE: Fixes headline to clarify that Aug. 11 is the date.