Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


The home on SW 190th Avenue had damages of at least $75,000, according to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue.

COURTESY TVFR - Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue responded to a serious blaze inside a Beaverton residential garage on June 18. A blaze sparked by an unattended barbecue inflicted damages estimated at $75,000 to a Beaverton home, investigators say.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue responded to the home in the 8000 block of Southwest 190th Avenue in Beaverton after reports of an accidental fire arrived around 8 p.m. on Tuesday, June 18.

Firefighters say a family was using a propane barbecue inside their garage when they "briefly stepped away." By the time they returned, the fire was already spreading rapidly.

Callers to emergency dispatch reported seeing dark smoke, hearing loud pops and possible injuries. Fire crews arrived six minutes after the first 9-1-1 call came in and found the garage and two vehicles on fire, with flames spreading to a nearby yard.

"Firefighters aggressively fought the fire, searched the home and treated the homeowner who sustained burns on his hands and arms," authorities say.

The fire was under control within 15 minutes and contained to the garage, though smoke and water damage occurred in other parts of the home, which did not have a residential sprinkler system.

The family of four and their cat will be displaced until repairs can be made, according to a news release.

TVFR COURTESY - The fire was contained to a garage, several vehicles and a yard.


Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine