Beaverton Police Log: Aug. 18-24
Sunday, Aug. 18
• A man was allegedly menacing his neighbor with a sledgehammer and breaking into the victim's residence. The suspect originally eluded officers but later returned to his residence and resisted arrest. The suspect was eventually taken into custody.
Monday, Aug. 19
• A Beaverton woman drove her vehicle into the barrier on Highway 217 near the Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway exit, totaling it. She was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants with a reported blood alcohol content more than twice the legal limit.
• A traffic stop on a vehicle with switched plates in the 9000 block of Southwest Murray Boulevard led to arrests for identity theft, methamphetamine possession and possession of a forged instrument for the female driver from Portland.
• A Vancouver, Washington, woman was arrested at the Northwest Cornell Road on-ramp at Highway 26 for DUII and reckless endangering.
Tuesday, Aug. 20
• Two females were reported leaving Fred Meyer, 15995 S.W. Walker Road, with two carts full of merchandise. Both refused to return to the store and left the carts in the parking lot and left in a car. One of the females left her purse in one of the carts. Both were later arrested and lodged.
• A Portland man was cited for DUII after crashing into a guardrail on Highway 26 near the Southwest Canyon Road on-ramp. The driver consented to a blood draw at the hospital.
• A Portland male involved in a non-injury crash at the intersection of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard and Farmington Road was found to be impaired. He then reportedly refused to follow commands and attempted to pull away and spit on officers when they tried to detain him.
Wednesday, Aug. 21
• A Baton Rouge, Louisiana, man was arrested for DUII during a traffic stop in the 10600 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. He refused a breath test and was served a blood draw warrant.
• During an argument between roommates in the 1300 block of Southwest 163rd Avenue, one of them threatened the other with a steak knife. He was arrested for harassment, menacing and unlawful use of a weapon and taken to the Washington County Jail.
• A car broker set down a bag containing car titles, tools and two $7,000 checks on the trunk of his car in the 3900 block of Southwest 141st Avenue while he went to move a second car. When he returned, the bag was gone.
Thursday, Aug. 22
• A Beaverton man crashed into another vehicle at the intersection of Southwest Allen Boulevard and Lombard Avenue before leaving the scene. He was later located and arrested.
• A Beaverton woman with a cane allegedly shoplifted at Fred Meyer, 11425 S.W. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. She was located and arrested.
Friday, Aug. 23
• A Laguna Niguel, California, man got into an argument on a TriMet bus over someone bumping into him. When someone else intervened to break up the dispute, the man allegedly hit him on the head with a rock. The intervenor then hit the suspect with a skateboard. The suspect was arrested for assault, unlawful use of a weapon and disorderly conduct.
• A traffic stop at the intersection of Southwst Scholls Ferry Road and Nimbus Avenue led to a Lake Oswego man being arrested for DUII.
Saturday, Aug. 24
• A female caller reported being punched in the face by her friend. Her face was swollen, but itt was determined that she was actually punched in the face by a drunk male on the MAX earlier in the day.
• A traffic stop at Southwest Canyon Road and East Avenue led to a Hillsboro man being arrested for distribution of a controlled substance.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.