Beaverton Police Log: Sept. 9-15
Monday, Sept. 9
• A Beaverton man screamed at a store employee in the 9300 block of Southwest Beaverton–Hillsdale Highway. He then threw his cup of coffee against the wall and proceeded to the movie theater, where he kicked over garbage can and, evidently worn out, settled down for a nap. He was arrested.
• A victim in the 13800 block of Southwest Farmington Road lost $1,600 attempting to purchase a vehicle on a website called LetGo.
• Officers responded to a domestic disturbance call in the 300 block of Southwest 175th Avenue, where a male threatened suicide by cop if the officers went to the residence.
Tuesday, Sept. 10
• A woman left her $2,500 Louis Vuitton backpack in the restroom of a business located in the 11700 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. When she returned, it was gone.
• Officers responded to a call from the manager of a business in the 12000 block of Southwest Canyon Road to find the suspect about to shoot up with a loaded syringe of heroin. He was arrested for possession of heroin.
• Officers responded to a motorcycle crash in the 11100 block of Southwest Murray Scholls Place. A Forest Grove man took off at a high rate of speed down the sidewalk. He laid his bike down and skidded across the pavement. He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Wednesday, Sept. 11
• Officers responded to an assault call in the 12200 block of Southwest Steamboat Drive. The male suspect allegedly pushed his female victim up against the wall and began to strangle her. She fought him off and escaped to a neighbor's apartment. When the officers arrived, he was barricading himself in his apartment.
• A traffic stop at the intersection of Southwest Murray Boulevard and Tierra Del Mar Drive resulted in the arrest of the passenger for possession of methamphetamine.
• Officers arrested a Forest Grove man as he walked along Southwest Lombard Avenue near Iron Horse Lane with his pants down and genitalia exposed.
Thursday, Sept. 12
• Officers responded to a fight in the 8600 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road between intoxicated partners that resulted in a black eye, bite marks and welts on the victim, and an arrest of the suspect.
• Officers conducting an arrest for pedestrian violations in the 11400 block of Southwest Beaverton–Hillsdale Highway finds the subject to be an out of compliance sex offender with an outstanding warrant.
• An officer was responding to a reported hit-and-run crash at the intersection of Northwest 173rd Avenue and Windermere Court when dispatch advised that the suspect fled the scene. A K-9 officer located the suspect, who was arrested and was found to be under the influence of a narcotic and a depressant. The suspect was transported to the hospital and then lodged at the Washington County Jail.
• A motorcycle crashed in a parking lot in the 11400 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road in front of an officer. The rider was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
Friday, Sept. 13
• A traffic stop at the intersection of Southwest Allen Boulevard and Menlo Drive resulted in arrests for probation violations and possession of methamphetamine.
• Officers contacted two subjects with a shopping cart in the 4700 block of Southwest Griffith Drive, leading to one being arrested on a warrant and the other arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
Saturday, Sept. 14
• Officers responded to a call in the 12200 block of Southwest Center Street, where a wife was arrested for assaulting and strangling her husband.
• A traffic stop in the 11600 block of Southwest Canyon Road results in arrests for possession of heroin and suboxone.
Sunday, Sept. 15
• A suspected DUII driver crashed into a TriMet gate in the 1900 block of Southwest 158th Ave.
• Officers responded to a call in the 11100 block of Southwest Barnes Road for causing a disturbance. Upon contact, police say, the subject was drinking an alcoholic beverage, ignored a lawful order and resisted arrest. They were also found to have two warrants for their arrest.
• Officers responded to a call in the 4900 block of Southwest Jamieson Road after a victim was allegedly punched by an intoxicated male, who then ran away when the victim punched him back several times.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.