Nine arrested in Washington County child predator sting
Nine men are facing felony charges after allegedly trying to arrange sexual encounters with undercover Washington County sheriff's deputies, authorities said Friday, Oct. 18.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office said investigators launched a sting operation Thursday, Oct. 17, posing on several social media and dating websites as 15-year-old boys and girls. Nine different adults were caught in the sting, the Sheriff's Office said, contacting the undercover deputies and setting up a meeting that day.
Upon arriving at the agreed-upon location, the men were met by deputies and arrested for luring a minor and first-degree online sexual corruption of a child.
The arrested men were named as:
• Gaspar Gaona-Aguilar, 48, of Beaverton
• Jonathan Arthur Hauck, 48, of Newberg
• Christopher Michael Mckane, 40, of Beaverton
• Tou Moua, 37, of Happy Valley
• Brandon Daily Perkins, 36, of McMinnville
• Maverick William Pfel, 39, of Beaverton
• Brent Wayne Pruitt, 41, of Portland
• Joseph Kenneth Raney, 30, of Portland
• Wayne Michael Redman, 29, of Portland
Multiple people immediately ended their online conversations with deputies when they found out they were supposedly talking to a 15-year-old, the Sheriff's Office noted.
The Sheriff's Office strongly encourages parents to be aware of what websites and mobile apps their children are using and to talk to them about online safety.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.