Beaverton Police Log: Oct. 21-27
Monday, Oct. 21
• Officers stopped a vehicle near Southwest Allen and Murray boulevards that drove through a red light and was speeding through a residential area, which led to felony hit-and-run of a separate vehicle the driver was attempting to chase down. The suspect also had a food stamp card that did not belong to them.
• Officers responded to a crash near Southwest 185th Avenue and Jay Street in which a vehicle making a right turn collided with a bicycle.
• Officers responding to a call about an unwanted person sleeping in the breezeway of an apartment complex in the 1100 block of Southwest 163rd Avenue determined the suspect had an outstanding warrant and was out of compliance with his sex offender registration.
Tuesday, Oct. 22
• A traffic stop in the 12900 block of Southwest Beaverdam Road led to an arrest for forgery, possession of a forged instrument and methamphetamine.
• Officers responded to a possible DUII call near the Sunset Highway and Highway 217, which led to the arrest of a driver who refused to provide a breath sample. Police drew his blood instead.
• An apartment complex in the 1300 block of Southwest Conestoga Drive reported that an unknown suspect stole approximately 25 fire extinguishers.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
• A subject stop by officers in the 13800 block of Southwest Farmington Road resulted in a foot pursuit. The male was arrested for an outstanding warrant, interfering with an officer and failing to register as a sex offender.
• A suicidal subject was cutting himself and running into traffic in the 10400 block of Southwest Barnes Road. After officers detained him, he smashed his head through the patrol car window.
• Officers responded to a suspicious person call in the 4100 block of Southwest 117th Avenue. The suspect was found to have driver's licenses that did not belong to him, as well as heroin paraphernalia.
Thursday, Oct. 24
• A man in the 7100 block of Southwest Sorrento Road claimed a former employee forged his signature and cashed a check. The suspect was arrested for theft and forgery.
• A suspicious person call in the 4200 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard led to an intoxicated male being taken to detox.
• Officers responded to a traffic crash near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and Highway 217 in which a driver following a pickup too closely swerved to avoid stopped traffic. She rear-ended a vehicle, causing damage to four additional vehicles. One driver was cited for careless driving, and another was cited for driving without insurance.
Friday, Oct. 25
• Officers found subjects near Southwest Filbert Avenue and Fifth Street preparing to use methamphetamine and heroin in the bushes on private property belonging to Portland General Electric.
• Officers responding to a called-in DUII arrested a subject in the 8300 block of Southwest Greenway Boulevard.
• Officers arrested a person at Southwest Hocken and Henry roads for possession of methamphetamine and being a felon in possession of a handgun.
Saturday, Oct. 26
• Officers responding to a verbal domestic assault call in the 11100 block of Southwest Davies Road arrested an intoxicated woman.
• A traffic stop in 1100 block of Southwest 185th Avenue resulted in the subject's arrest after a narcotics dog alerted the officers to the presence of methamphetamine, heroin, ecstasy and cocaine. Officers also discovered the subject to be a felon in possession of a restricted weapon.
• Officers responded to Fred Meyer, 15595 S.W. Walker Road, where a male was refusing to leave and throwing merchandise around the store. Officers learned he had three warrants out for his arrest. He was arrested.
Sunday, Oct. 27
• A driver hit a street sign on Southwest Scholls Ferry Road, causing damage to his tire. The driver was later found near Southwest Allen Boulevard and Erickson Avenue, driving on the rim with sparks flying. The driver was stopped and arrested for DUII, attempting to elude an officer, failure to perform the duties of a driver and reckless driving.
• Officers responded to an apartment in the 3700 block of Southwest 117th Avenue where a man reportedly found his estranged wife in bed with another male. The woman then apparently cut her husband with a steak knife when he came back into the apartment.
• A rear-end traffic crash near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Tualatin Valley Highway resulted in a driver's arrest for DUII.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.