Beaverton Police Log: Oct. 28-Nov. 3
Monday, Oct. 28
• A driver near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Sexton Mountain Drive reaching for a cellphone left their lane of travel, running a second vehicle off the road and into a tree.
• Officers responded to Pioneer Park after the Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District warned someone for shooting up in the park. The suspect was arrested for possession of heroin.
• A person in the 8600 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard was arrested for disorderly conduct, indecent exposure and drinking in public.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
• A male near Southwest West Street and Canyon Road who had an outstanding warrant took a hit from a marijuana pipe while he was driving. A police officer was driving the vehicle behind him. The wanted driver was arrested.
• Officers responded to a call in the 16400 block of Southwest Walker Road that a person appeared to be dead. It was later determined the male had died by suicide.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
• Officers found a person in a dumpster in the 3800 block of Southwest 117th Avenue who had an outstanding felony warrant in Multnomah County.
• Officers stopped a vehicle near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and Teal Boulevard for a cellphone violation. The driver, who had an outstanding felony warrant, bailed out of the car — leaving behind his wallet, driver's license, work identification, paycheck and keys.
• Officers responded to a location in the 13400 block of Southwest Saratoga Lane after the caller found a neighbor dead.
Thursday, Oct. 31
• Officers cited and released a male in the 12500 block of Southwest Canyon Road for drinking in public.
• A traffic stop near Southwest Tualatin Valley Highway and Murray Boulevard led to the recovery of multiple forged checks. Police believe there are at least five potential victims.
Friday, Nov. 1
• A person was arrested near Southwest Tualatin Valley Highway and Millikan Way for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• A citizen complaint led to a traffic stop near Southwest 107th Avenue and Allen Boulevard, which led to an arrest for drunken driving.
• An elderly man in the 15900 block of Southwest Walker Road took his neighbor's car after she left it parked with the keys inside. He returned it later after realizing the car wasn't his.
Saturday, Nov. 2
• A traffic stop near Southwest Denney Road and Lombard Avenue led to an arrest for possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
• An officer stopped a man near Southwest Canyon Road and96th Avenue and found he had methamphetamine, heroin, outstanding warrants and a Canadian passport.
• Officers responding to a trespassing call in the 13300 block of Southwest Henry Street leads to an arrest of one subject for a probation violation and another subject of methamphetamine, warrants and multiple theft charges.
Sunday, Nov. 3
• An attempted traffic stop for reckless driving near Southwest Tualatin Valley Highway and 170th Avenue led to charges for attempting to elude an officer.
• A semi-truck trailer door swung open, destroying a patrol car's spotlight, in the 3800 block of Southwest 117th Avenue.
• Officers assisted at a call for an overdose in the 7400 block of Southwest 163rd Place. Unfortunately, the patient died after being transported by medical staff.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.