Beaverton Police Log: Dec. 20-26
Friday, Dec. 20
• A person was arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana near Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard and Millikan Way.
• A traffic stop near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Southwest Farmington Road led to an arrest for possession of methamphetamine.
Saturday, Dec. 21
• Officers arrested a male for drunken driving near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Scholls Ferry Road after a customer at the gas station called in and reported that the subject stumbled as he exited his vehicle.
• Officers arrested a female at the Fred Meyer on Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway for shoplifting and trespassing. She also possessed heroin.
• At the same Fred Meyer, officers arrested a male who shoplifted cologne and ran from the store into the waiting arms of officers. The subject also had heroin in his possession.
Sunday, Dec. 22
• A non-injury traffic crash into a tree near Southwest Farmington Road and Watson Avenue led to an arrest for drunken driving.
Monday, Dec. 23
• A male in the 14500 block of Southwest Davis Road called 9-1-1 to report that his mother has abused him his whole life. Further investigation revealed the son had taken his mother's cell phone and thrown it on the roof, following her calling 9-1-1 when his behavior began escalating. He was arrested.
• A subject located unlawfully inside a vehicle resisted removal and was pepper-sprayed.
• A female violating a restraining order failed to obey commands from police. A physical altercation ensued until she was taken into custody in the 12400 block of Southwest Gingham Lane.
Tuesday, Dec. 24
• Officers arrested a driver near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Scholls Ferry Road for drunken and reckless driving after he crashed his car.
• Officers responded to a car theft in progress in the 3200 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard. The suspects fled the scene, leaving the car and receipts — which yielded their photos — behind.
• Officers investigated after noticing a person had formed a habit of calling 9-1-1 and making false reports.
Wednesday, Dec. 25
• Officers responded to a location in the 4900 block of Southwest Spencer Court where someone reported her roommate as an unwanted person. The roommate was arrested for an outstanding felony warrant.
• Officers responded to a 9-1-1 call from a location near Southwest Hall Boulevard and Ridgecrest Drive. Officers arrested the caller's son for an outstanding felony warrant.
• A traffic stop near the Northwest Murray Boulevard off-ramp on Highway 26 resulted in an arrest for drunken driving.
Thursday, Dec. 26
• A driver in the 9100 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard crashed into a parked car. He apparently observed the damage, moved his vehicle and left. Two witnesses observed the crash. He was cited for a hit-and-run.
• A traffic stop near Northwest Cornell Road and 153rd Avenue led to an arrest for possession of methamphetamine. The suspect was also in possession of burglary tools, and police identified them as a suspect in an earlier robbery.
• Officers responded to a location in the 14800 block of Southwest Murray Scholls Drive after an intoxicated female was knocked over by her own dog when it took off after another dog. The male who was walking the other dog attempted to assist the female, who became hostile and accused him of stealing her wallet and keys. Officers assisted the female, who found her keys and wallet in her possession.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.