Beaverton Police Log: Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2020
Monday, Jan. 27
• Officers responded to a traffic crash in the 11800 block of Southwest Seventh Street. The driver struck another car, then came to a complete stop after running into the curb. Upon further contact, the woman was arrested for reckless driving and driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• A caller in the 9500 block of Southwest 146th Terrace reported her boyfriend was high on mushrooms and tried to choke himself with a belt. Officers placed the boyfriend on a police officer hold and arrested the caller for an outstanding warrant.
• A woman attacked her roommate, then stole his car. She then accused the roommate of choking her. On further investigation, the woman's statement was inconsistent with the evidence, and she was arrested for assault and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
• Officers responded to a residence in the 13800 block of Southwest Electric Street. A man high on methamphetamine was up all night, behaving oddly. The caller locked him out of the residence, which prompted him to scream, bang on the door and try to get back in, alarming the nearby neighbors. This occurred several times. Officers arrested him and left the neighbors in peace.
• A road rage incident between two drivers led to a fistfight in the middle of Southwest Murray Boulevard near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road. Officers later located both men and charged each of them with disorderly conduct.
• A man discovered a grenade in his deceased father-in-law's possessions in the 4700 block of Southwest Griffith Drive and brought it to the Police Department for disposal. The department notified the Explosive Disposal Unit, which seized the grenade.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
• Officers arrested a man on an outstanding warrant in the 2400 block of Southwest Roxbury Avenue and found him to be in possession of mail and checks from multiple victims in Portland.
• Officers found a man behind an abandoned building in the 14200 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard that was clearly posted as no trespassing. The man was also drinking beer. He was arrested for trespassing and drinking in public and was lodged at the jail.
• A man from near Southwest Sexton Court called the National Suicide Hotline to report he wanted to die. Officers contacted the man at home and transported him to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center.
Thursday, Jan. 30
• Officers conducting a traffic stop near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and Washington Square Road arrested both the driver and passenger for felony possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
• A driver was called in for reckless driving and eluded multiple officers near Highway 217 and Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. The driver was eventually stopped and was also arrested for hit-and-run, which violated their conditional release agreement.
• Officers contacted a man behind an abandoned building with trash strewn everywhere near Southwest Broadway Street and Canyon Road. The man gave a false name and had syringes loaded with heroin. He was later found to have an outstanding warrant for his arrest as well.
Friday, Jan. 31
• Officers conducting a subject stop near Northwest Murray Boulevard and Science Park Drive arrested a man for outstanding warrants, possession of methamphetamine, interfering with an officer, resisting arrest and littering after his attempt to flee on foot.
• Officers responded to a woman screaming and slamming things in the restroom of a Starbucks in the 4000 block of Southwest Lombard Avenue. The woman had been trespassed previously and freely admitted to having heroin on her person.
• A man in the 12400 block of Southwest Canvasback Way reported that his roommate assaulted him during a psychotic rant. The roommate was arrested, clearly suffering from alcohol abuse.
Saturday, Feb. 1
• A neighbor called with a possible domestic violence assault in the 13500 block of Southwest Electric Street. Officers arrived and arrested a woman for domestic assault.
• Officers located a suspected DUII driver parked near Southwest Colony Lane and Southwest Hall Boulevard. The driver was arrested for drunken and reckless driving.
Sunday, Feb. 2
• A traffic stop near Southwest Hall Boulevard and Cedar Hills Boulevard led to the driver being arrested for forgery, possession of methamphetamine and driving a stolen vehicle.
• A car was stolen in the 4200 block of Southwest Rose Biggi Avenue after the owner left their keys in the car.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.