Beaverton Police Log: Feb. 3-9, 2020
Monday, Feb. 3
• A man in the 8600 block of Southwest Brightfield Circle was arrested after he broke into his neighbor's apartment and stole three steak knives from the kitchen. He also alarmed the other neighbors in the apartment complex while he was yelling and spreading his blood around.
• Officers arrested a woman who embezzled almost $8,000 from the Nordstrom Rack in the 9100 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue.
• Officers arrested a man in the 14900 block of Southwest Sandhill Loop for assault after he broke down the bathroom door and threw a piece of it at his wife.
Tuesday, Feb. 4
• A woman came into the police department with a question, a warrant and methamphetamine in her bag. An arrest followed.
• A girlfriend in the 14900 block of Southwest Barrows Road slapped her boyfriend across the face, resulting in visible injuries to his face and ear. The girlfriend was arrested for assault.
• Officers arrested a woman in the 3800 block of Southwest 117th Avenue for shoplifting from TJ Maxx, Catherines, Sally's Beauty Supply and Fashion Korea to the tune of $482.
Wednesday, Feb. 5
• Officers arrested a woman near Southwest Hall Boulevard and Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard after she stood in the roadway cursing at cars and shoved someone.
• An apartment manager in the 13700 block of Southwest Electric Street reported a squatter in a vacant apartment. Officers kicked down the door and arrested the man for two warrants.
Thursday, Feb. 6
• A traffic stop in the 3000 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard led to the arrest of a man for possession of methamphetamine and identity theft and a woman for possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
• Officers conducted a welfare check in the 14400 block of Southwest Teal Boulevard after an employee reported domestic abuse between a man and a woman. Officers arrested the man for an outstanding warrant and failure to register as a sex offender.
• A man stealing Pop-Tarts and socks from the Rite-Aid in the 11100 block of Southwest Barnes Road was arrested as he left the store. Officers found heroin in his fanny pack.
Friday, Feb. 7
• Officers investigating an injury traffic crash near Southwest 175th Avenue and Scholls Ferry Road learned that the driver became angry about slow traffic and tried to pass in the median. He lost control in the gravel and crashed over the embankment.
• A man stepped into the roadway near Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway and Highway 217 to retrieve money from a motorist. He lied about his name and had morphine in his pocket. Officers also discovered he had three warrants.
Saturday, Feb. 8
• Officers making a community contact near Southwest Barrows and Scholls Ferry roads arrested a man for 10 outstanding warrants.
• Officers responded to a theft call at the Safeway at 6194 S.W. Murray Blvd. A woman stole $114.66 in soda and was seen emptying the cans so she could turn them in at the bottle return. She was arrested and transported to jail.
• Officers making a pedestrian stop near Southwest Allen Boulevard and Lombard Avenue arrested a man for possession of methamphetamine, providing false information and a warrant.
Sunday, Feb. 9
• Officers stopped a car in the 12000 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard after a DUII call. The driver was arrested for drunken driving and possession of cocaine.
• Officers arrested a man for menacing in the 16100 block of Southwest Regatta Lane after he followed his ex-girlfriend to a party and threatened her via text.
• Officers investigated a hit-and-run near Southwest Hall Boulevard and Southwest Greenway Boulevard. A white BMW or Mercedes crashed into a motorcyclist, who suffered injuries to his left arm and right leg.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.