Beaverton Police Log: Feb. 10-16, 2020
Monday, Feb. 10
• A man prevented a TriMet supervisor from leaving in the 14100 block of Southwest Millikan Way. Officers arrived and arrested the man for disorderly conduct, harassment, trespassing, felon in possession of a weapon and, because he had stolen credit cards, identity theft.
• An $800 cargo box was stolen from the back of a pickup in the 1100 block of Southwest Kiley Way. The victim located his box on a resale site and conducted his own sting operation in Hillsboro. He called officers and announced he was with the suspect. Officers quickly arrived and arrested the suspect.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• Officers arrested two men in the 10700 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard for possession of methamphetamine and a warrant for the passenger. Both men were smoking when officers approached the car.
• A driver was arrested near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Tualatin Valley Highway after he was stopped for speeding. He was driving on a suspended license, had no insurance and had a crack pipe in the car.
• Officers made a traffic stop near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and Highway 217, which led to the arrest of the driver for possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
Wednesday, Feb. 12
• Officers responded to a behavioral health call in the 4000 block of Southwest Lombard Avenue and arrested the man for interfering with public transportation. At the jail he was found to have methamphetamine.
• A credit card was stolen from a locker in the 13900 block of Southwest Meridian Street, and charges for $7,798, $4,000, and $498 were incurred within 15 minutes of the theft.
Thursday, Feb. 13
• Officers made a traffic stop near Southwest Cascade Avenue and Greenberg Road. The driver had a warrant, a handgun and methamphetamine.
• A driver had a minor traffic crash near Southwest Walker Road and Murray Boulevard. Officers discovered marijuana and other narcotics and depressants in the car. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
Friday, Feb. 14
• Officers arrested a driver for drunken driving near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and Southwest 135th Avenue. The offending motorist was also found to be in possession of cocaine.
• Officers responded to a burglary call in the 10900 block of Southwest 11th Street. Officers caught the suspect driving away with four HD TVs, tools, keys to the building, an ID badge and a debit card.
• Officers responding to disturbance call near Southwest Western Avenue and Allen Boulevard arrested a man for drunken driving and possession of cocaine.
Saturday, Feb. 15
• A woman was witnessed driving on Highway 26 with the hood of her car up and covering the windshield. She was going 60 to 80 mph and crossing multiple lanes, nearly hitting other cars. She crashed into the rear end of another car stopped at the light on the Northwest Cornell Road off-ramp. Officers arrested her for DUII, reckless driving and possession of narcotics. Her car was also found to have been involved in a hit-and-run in Portland.
• Officers arrested a man for stealing a car in the 8200 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road. After further investigation, officers added arrests for possession of methamphetamine, probation violation, felon in possession of a weapon and identity theft.
Sunday, Feb. 16
• Officers responded to a suspicious person digging in a dumpster near Southwest Canyon Road and Hocken Avenue. The man was arrested for a warrant, possession of methamphetamine and felon in possession of a weapon.
• Officers arrested a fugitive on a warrant in the 4600 block of Southwest 142nd Avenue after he texted his family that he was dead. Officers used a phone ping to find the man at his home, where he was arrested.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.