Beaverton Police Log: Feb. 17-23, 2020
Monday, Feb. 17
• A man left his vehicle running in front of his home in the 6300 block of Southwest Dale Avenue before he went to work. Two men drove up, and a passenger got out and drove the vehicle away.
• Officers are investigating the death of a 45-year-old man in the 7600 block of Southwest 140th Avenue.
• Officers responded to a location in the 4100 block of Southwest Hocken Avenue after a man was seen inside a victim's vehicle stealing items. The man fled, dropping items as he ran. The man was detained a short distance away, still in possession of stolen items.
Tuesday, Feb. 18
• A security guard stopped a man in the parking lot of The Home Depot, 13700 N.W. Science Park Drive. The man dropped $823 in merchandise and fled. The same man was later arrested in Tigard when trying to shoplift from another Home Depot.
• Officers arrested a person after they tried to jump out of their mother's moving vehicle near Southwest Jenkins Road and Southwest 158th Avenue.
Wednesday, Feb. 19
• Officers arrested a man for a felony warrant and possession of heroin while checking on a suspicious vehicle in the 100 block of Northwest 158th Avenue.
• A vehicle eluded officers during a traffic stop near Southwest Allen Boulevard and Alice Lane. The vehicle was located nearby. The driver admitted to his crime.
Thursday, Feb. 20
• A man stole $100 from an envelope accidentally left in the lobby of the Beaverton Police Department, 4755 S.W. Griffith Drive. The man was seen going through the envelope but refused to admit having the money. Officers later found the money in the man's shoe.
• A Lyft driver picked up a very intoxicated woman near Southwest 158th Avenue and Jenkins Road. The woman began to make sexual advances toward the driver and grabbed his private parts before trying to force him to have sex. The woman chased the man down the road after he left the car on foot and called the police.
• A man came to the lobby of the Beaverton Police Department, 4755 S.W. Griffith Drive, to register as a sex offender. The man used a fake last name while completing the registration.
Friday, Feb. 21
• A traffic stop in the 13200 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard led to the arrest of the driver for possession of methamphetamine and identity theft.
• Officers arrested a woman near Highway 217 and Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway for providing false information, an outstanding warrant and possession of methamphetamine.
• Store security at Nordstrom Rack, 9175 S.W. Cascade Ave., recognized a man with outstanding warrants and called police. Offers contacted the man and discovered stolen merchandise under his clothing.
Saturday, Feb. 22
• Officers arrested a drunken driver who was traveling recklessly near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Tualatin Valley Highway.
• Officers arrested a man in the 11400 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway for shoplifting and later found heroin in his jacket.
• Officers responded to a shoplifting call in the 3800 block of Southwest 117th Avenue after a man fled the store. Officers found the man hiding on a bus while wearing a bright orange construction vest. The man was hiding a cigarette container with heroin in it.
Sunday, Feb. 23
• A woman was accidentally locked inside the bathroom of a business in the 10700 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. After an hour, a maintenance worker was unable to unlock the door. The worker reportedly told the woman to call the police, wished her a good night and then left. Officers kicked in the door and freed her.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop near Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard and Jenkins Road, which led to arrests for distribution of methamphetamine and heroin.
• Officers arrested a 50-year-old man in the 11600 block of Southwest Fifth Street after he threw his elderly mother to the ground.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.