Beaverton Police Log: April 5-12, 2020
Sunday, April 5
• Officers cited a man for drunken driving and failure to perform the duties of a driver in the 14400 block of Southwest Arabian Drive after he crashed into a parked vehicle. He later crashed into another vehicle and was taken into custody and later released.
• A driver collided with two street signs, a vehicle, a brick wall and a light pole in the 16200 block of Southwest Barrows Road and was arrested for drunken and reckless driving.
Monday, April 6
• A woman driver sideswiped a stationary truck on Highway 217 and failed to pull over. She was stopped at a gas station in Tigard, where she was cited for careless driving and driving while suspended and was placed in protective custody on a police officer hold.
• A man stole a black Camaro from the dealership in the 15000 block of Southwest Tualatin Valley Highway and was located at his home in Tigard, where he was arrested.
• A detective spotted a suspect at the bus stop in front of the Beaverton Police Department in the 4700 block of Southwest Griffin Drive. Officers arrested him on an outstanding felony warrant for arson.
Tuesday, April 7
• Officers found a drunken driver in a parking lot in the 8100 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard after receiving a DUII call.
Wednesday, April 8
• The manager of a pizza parlor in the 9100 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard arrived early to clean, when a suspect sneaked in and took the manager's lunch bag and hid in the bathroom. The manager and an employee fled the store and called police. Officers found the suspect in the bathroom in possession of stolen credit cards and property.
• Two businesses in the 12500 block of Southwest Broadway Street were burglarized, but officers caught the man while he was allegedly committing another burglary nearby.
Thursday, April 9
• A woman in the 12000 block of Southwest Spur Court tried to buy a cat from Texas and was swindled out of $2,600.
• A man drinking alcohol in the bushes in the 4400 block of Southwest 110th Avenue provided a false name and had a warrant for kidnapping and robbery. He was lodged in the jail. The man said his girlfriend was around somewhere and he didn't feel safe with her being on her own and gave her name because he wanted her lodged on her own warrants. Officers arrested her as well.
Friday, April 10
• Officers arrested a hit-and-run driver in the 3600 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard for DUII, failure to perform the duties of a driver, reckless driving and an outstanding warrant.
• Officers contacted two men in the 9400 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. One man was cited and released, and the other was arrested for trespassing, identity theft, parole violation, felon in possession of a weapon, possession of methamphetamine and heroin, and an outstanding warrant.
Saturday, April 11
• A man spit on an employee of a gas station near Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard and Gem Lane, then told the employee he had COVID-19. He was cited for harassment and menacing.
• A transient man set the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store in the 4000 block of Southwest 114th Avenue on fire, lit his cigarette from the flames, and then took off his pants to masturbate while laying on his sleeping bag that was facing the street. The man was identified from the recently issued criminal citation he had ripped up and left at the scene.
Sunday, April 12
• Officers conducted a welfare check in the 12500 block of Southwest Walker Road and found a man passed out in from of a business with a half-empty beer can in his hand.
• A man was seen on the sidewalk with blood on his face as if he had crashed his bicycle near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Springbrook Lane. The man ran off when the caller said he was calling 9-1-1. The man was later found in Tigard and transported to the hospital with a major head injury.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.