Beaverton Police Log: June 6-14, 2020
Saturday, June 6
• Officers conducting a traffic stop neat Southwest 117th Avenue and Center Street arrested a man for drunken driving and possession of methamphetamine.
• A woman stole food and other items from WinCo Foods, 3025 S.W. Cedar Hills Blvd. Officers arrested her for criminal trespass, theft and possession of heroin.
Sunday, June 7
• Officers responded to a theft in progress call at the 11900 block of Southwest Canyon Road and located both subjects two blocks away. Both men were arrested.
• Officers received a call about a driver swerving between lanes and driving on the sidewalk near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Farmington Road. The officers arrested the driver for drunken driving.
• A person near Southwest Allen Boulevard and 112th Avenue reported a man sleeping in his vehicle. The man ran away when confronted, but a K-9 officer tracked him down. He was arrested for identity theft and unlawful entry into a vehicle.
Monday, June 8
• Officers arrested a man near Southwest Larch Place and Menlo Drive after he screamed repeatedly in the street and stated he would burn down the apartments.
• A traffic stop near Highway 26 and Southwest Camelot Court resulted in officers arresting a man for possession and distribution of cocaine, methamphetamine and heroin.
• Officers arrested a woman in the 14800 block of Southwest Murray Scholls Drive for driving under the influence of intoxicants, reckless driving and resisting arrest after she was called in by a witness.
Tuesday, June 9
• A man in the 11800 block of Southwest Canyon Road stole a case of beer. He dropped 10 of the beers, stashed one in his pocket and drank another before being caught by officers. He also had outstanding warrants.
• Officers responded to a location in the 10800 block of Southwest Fifth Street and assisted two patients experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning. They were transported to the hospital. Officers recovered drugs and paraphernalia from the location.
Wednesday, June 10
• A man attempted suicide in the 1200 block of Southwest 170th Avenue by running onto the MAX tracks in front of the train. He was struck and injured.
• Vehicles waiting at the light near Southwest Murray and Allen boulevards were struck from behind by an intoxicated driver.
• A woman in the 62000 block of Southwest Main Street had her purse stolen from her unlocked car. Her credit cards were used throughout Portland, totaling $1,000 in charges.
Thursday, June 11
• A call of suspicious people doing suspicious things in a car resulted in officers arresting a man for an outstanding warrant.
• Officers transported a man to the hospital after he jumped out of a moving car in an attempt to commit suicide in the 8300 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard.
• An intoxicated man drove into the back of a box truck that was stopped at a light near Southwest Tualatin Valley Highway and 170th Avenue. He was charged with DUII and released to the care of his family.
Friday, June 12
• A man was arrested for a warrant and ID theft in the 15900 block of Southwest Walker Road after he called in to report an unfounded harassment claim.
• A man reported that he may have been drugged and raped after having two beers at a bar, but video surveillance footage showed he had not been accosted.
Saturday, June 13
• Officers made a traffic stop in the 3400 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard after observing a car stopped at a green light with the driver passed out at the wheel. The driver was arrested for DUII and possession of heroin. The passenger was also arrested for possessing heroin.
• A drunken man crashed his car into a fountain at an apartment complex in the 5000 block of Southwest Murray Boulevard. He got out and tried to get into his apartment, but he had left the key in the car, so he smashed out a window and bloodied his hand. Officers found him nursing the injury in his apartment.
Sunday, June 14
• Officers responded to a burglary in progress call in the 18800 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road after two men were found by the owner loading metal items from his barn into a truck and trailer. The men attempt to flee across farmland, but they drove the vehicle into a ditch and then attempted to run away on foot. Officers arrived and they were detained without incident. They also had heroin with them.
• A traffic stop near Southwest Farmington Road and Murray Boulevard led to charges for DUII, reckless driving, and possession of methamphetamine and heroin. The driver reportedly took methamphetamine before being pulled over.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.