Beaverton Police Log: June 29-July 12, 2020
Monday, June 29
• Officers responded to a burglary in the 7500 block of Southwest Oleson Road and discovered two men attempting to open the safe. The men fled, jumped fences and ran into a nearby apartment complex. A K-9 officer tracked and located the two men, who were arrested.
• Officers found a missing/endangered woman from Milwaukie wandering in the 7800 block of Southwest Hewitt Place.
• Officers contacted a man at the Beaverton City Library, 12375 S.W. Fifth St., and arrested him for three outstanding warrants.
Tuesday, June 30
• Officers responded to a traffic crash at an ARCO gas station, 10975 S.W. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, after the driver hit the gas instead of the brake while turning into the fuel island. The car hit the island shearing the pump off at the base. The car continued into two cars that were getting fuel. Remarkably, no one was hurt.
• Officers responded to a traffic crash on westbound Highway 26 and Southwest 185th Avenue. A car failed to stop for slowing traffic and caused a three-car crash with injuries. The driver was cited for careless driving.
• Officers responded to a domestic violence call in the 3200 block of Southwest 170th Avenue and arrested a woman for assault. The woman was in a fight about infidelity.
Wednesday, July 1
• Officers stopped a car for speeding near Highway 26 and Southwest Bethany Boulevard after the car was clocked going 111 miles per hour. The driver was arrested for drunken driving.
• Officers responded to a traffic crash near Highway 26 and Northwest Murray Boulevard after a driver crashed into the car ahead of him, causing a chain reaction involving two other cars. No injuries.
• A witness got the license plate number of a hit and run driver. Officers contacted the driver at home in the 7700 block of Southwest Barnard Drive and arrested him for driving drunk.
• A traffic stop near Highway 217 and Southwest Beaverton Hillsdale Highway led to the arrest of the driver for driving while high on Xanax.
Thursday, July 2
• Officers conducted a welfare check on a woman who walked into a store in the 11400 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway wearing a bikini. She was arrested for shoplifting, trespassing and outstanding warrants.
• Officers stopped a car for reckless driving near Southwest Lombard Avenue and Southwest Nadina Court and arrested the driver for drunken driving.
• A woman used counterfeit bills to pay for merchandise at a store in the 13700 block of Southwest Science Park Drive. Officers pulled her over and found methamphetamine in her car.
Friday, July 3
• Officers stopped to help a man who fell in the street near Southwest Watson Avenue and Southwest Canyon Road and discovered he was very intoxicated. He was cited for drinking in public and transported to a nearby hospital.
• Officers arrested a previously trespassed shoplifter in the 13700 block of Southwest Science Park Drive. The shoplifter was also in possession of heroin.
• Officers received multiple calls about a woman screaming in the 14600 block of Southwest Farmington Road. They arrived to find a woman with possible mental health issues.
Saturday, July 4
• Officers arrested a man for assault, obstructing a criminal investigation and vandalism after he assaulted his girlfriend in the 10700 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard. He then took her phone when she tried to call 9-1-1 and broke it.
• Officers detained a man high on methamphetamine after he started jumping on cars in a parking lot in the 13200 block of Southwest Canyon Road.
• A non-injury traffic crash in the 6000 block of Southwest Murray Boulevard led to the arrest of the driver for drunken driving.
Sunday, July 5
• A man hit his father in the face near Southwest Betts Avenue and Southwest Farmington Road, then walked down Farmington Road, punched a car and a street sign, took off his clothes and urinated on himself. The father did not want to press charges. Officers did cite the son for disorderly conduct.
• Officers responded to a stabbing in the 800 block of Southwest 158th Avenue after two men entered a woman's room at a hotel and stabbed her multiple times, leaving her unconscious and bleeding, and stealing her cell phone. She was transported to the hospital. Officers are investigating.
• Officers discovered a missing person at a hotel in the 800 block of Southwest 158th Avenue while investigating the previous stabbing call.
Monday, July 6
• Officers conducting a welfare check in the 14900 block of Southwest Barrows Road found a dead man in his apartment.
• Officers responded to a call from a business in the 4400 block of Southwest 110th Avenue whose loss prevention agent had a shoplifter in custody. The shoplifter ran from the agent but left his ID behind.
• Officers investigated a call in the 11800 block of Southwest Windmill Drive from a woman who said she entered a romantic relationship with a man, but after a date, he choked her until she passed out. When she woke up, she reported, he was kissing her.
Tuesday, July 7
• Officers investigating a suspicious car with two men playing loud music in the 11700 block of Southwest Bruce Drive led to the driver being arrested for drunken driving.
• An elderly woman lost her eyeglasses on westbound Highway 26, made an illegal U-turn on the freeway and headed east to attempt to reclaim her glasses. In the process, she hit a pickup in the rear passenger side. She then made another U-turn and headed west on Highway 26 again. Officers located her at her apartment off Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. It is unknown if she found her glasses.
• A man refused to wear a mask while riding as a customer in a Lyft car in the 12600 block of Southwest Broadway Street. After the driver made several requests, he pulled over and ordered the man out of the car. The man then punched the driver in the side of the head and spit in the car.
Wednesday, July 8
• Officers responded to a strong-arm robbery by three men in the 10100 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard. An employee was shoved face-first into the pavement as he chased the men, possibly breaking his nose. An estimated $100,000 of jewelry was taken by the men, who drove off in a stolen car.
• A man entered Wendy's, 3670 S.W. Hall Blvd., yelling and cursing. He attempted to fight the manager before running off. When he was located by officers, he told them he would punch them if they tried to arrest him. They did, and he did.
• Officers arrested a man panhandling near Southwest Canyon Road and Highway 217 after he stepped into traffic to collect money. Officers discovered he had a warrant out of Colorado and was in possession of heroin.
Thursday, July 9
• Officers made a traffic stop that came from a known drug house near Southwest Allen Boulevard and Highway 217 and arrested a woman for possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
• Officers investigated a man yelling in a wooded area in the 3800 block of Southwest 117th Avenue and arrested him for possession of methamphetamine and heroin and ID theft.
• Officers arrested two men at The Home Depot, 13700 N.W, Science Park Drive, who stole large tool items, changed clothes in a car, then returned to steal some more. Officers located them with the stolen items and heroin.
• Officers arrested a woman for theft from a store in the 3000 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard. She had a warrant out of Josephine County, methamphetamine and heroin.
Friday, July 10
• A woman suffering mental health issues in the 2800 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard believed a stranger was someone who stole her children. She punched him in the face, causing a bloody and possibly broken nose.
• A traffic stop near Southwest Farmington Road and Murray Boulevard led to the arrest of the driver for methamphetamine, Ecstasy and other drugs, as well as for being a felon in possession of a restricted weapon.
Saturday, July 11
• Officers arrested a woman for drunken driving on Southwest Mountainside Way after she crashed into a power pole, which caused a power outage at a nearby house.
• An unknown suspect entered a house in the 5300 block of Southwest Menlo Drive through an unlocked sliding glass door and stole a purse and car keys, then fled in the victim's car.
• Officers received a possible DUII call near Southwest Allen Boulevard and Highway 217, but it turned out to be a medical issue. The driver was transported via ambulance to the hospital.
Sunday, July 12
• A man attempted to leave home in the 8100 block of Southwest Maple Drive after his family picked him up. He was aggressive with his family and destroyed property in the house. The entire family was forced to restrain the man, who cut his brother across the face during the struggle. The man was arrested for assault.
• An unhappy customer at BottleDrop, 9307 S.W. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, assaulted four employees, one of them with a piece of concrete.
• Officers responded to a call from a storage business near Southwest Canyon Road and 87th Avenue after man threatened an employee. When officers arrived, the man refused to obey orders and walked away. Eventually, he was arrested for disorderly conduct, attempted assault of an officer, interfering, ID theft, harassment and possession of methamphetamine.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.