Beaverton Police Log: July 20-26, 2020
Monday, July 20
• Officers stopped a reported vehicle near Southwest Canyon Road and Lombard Avenue and arrested the driver for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• A man renting a motel room in the 12200 block of Southwest Canyon Road opened the door to allow air in, and a woman took the opportunity to enter and remain inside despite being told to leave and having been trespassed previously. Earlier in the day, the same woman stole a lighter and cup of from coffee from a nearby business and later, after she was trespassed from a gas station in the 11400 block of Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, she was lodged in the jail.
• An unknown subject entered through an unlocked window at a business in the 13700 block of Southwest Farmington Road and stole cooking pots valued at $1,400, $2,500 in cash deposits from a filing cabinet and $87 from a brown box.
Tuesday, July 21
• An officer observed a man occupying a stolen car in the 13900 block of Southwest Lisa Lane. The man then attempted to enter a parked RV. The officer stopped him and arrested him for unlawful entry of a vehicle and possession of heroin.
• A single-vehicle rollover crash near Southwest Murray Boulevard and Davis Road resulted in a trip to the hospital and a citation for drunken driving for the driver.
Wednesday, July 22
• A road rage incident in the 14800 block of Southwest Barrows Road resulted in a man being cited and released after he threw coffee into the victim's convertible.
• K-9 Atlas located a suspected car thief in the trunk of a car in the 900 block of Southwest First Avenue in Hillsboro while assisting Hillsboro police.
• A man laying down and drinking beer in a parking lot in the 12300 block of Southwest Walker Road was arrested by officers for drinking in public.
Thursday, July 23
• Officers responded to a report of a driver in the 4100 block of Southwest Hocken Avenue who hopped a curb, went through some bushes, hit a car and finally stopped after the driver went through a fence. The driver was cited for DUII.
• The woman arrested on Monday was out and walking in traffic again, blocking the movement of cars near Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway and Griffith Drive.
• Officers conducting a welfare check at a motel in the 800 block of Southwest 158th Avenue arrested a man for assault and harassment.
Friday, July 24
• A citizen called in a suspicious driver near Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway and Hocken Avenue. The driver failed to maintain her lane, signalled without changing lanes and nearly hit the median. Officers arrested her for drunken driving.
• Officers arrested two men for shoplifting at Fred Meyer, 11425 S.W. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. Both men were found to possess drugs and stolen IDs and credit cards. One of the men also had three outstanding warrants from three different counties.
• Officers responded to a domestic disturbance in the 10900 block of Southwest Fifth Street. The dispute between roommates was not criminal.
Saturday, July 25
• Officers arrested a man near Southwest Walker and Meadow roads for vandalism, attempt to elude, reckless driving, hit-and-run, interfering with public safety and DUII
• Officers responded to a report of a dead body in the 11200 block of Southwest Tanager Terrace.
• A woman in the 13400 block of Southwest Hyland Park Court allegedly attacked her husband with an unopened beer bottle, causing bruises and lacerations, then locked herself in the bathroom with a weapon. She was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon, assault and interfering with an officer.
• A single-vehicle crash on Sunset Highway resulted in the driver being charged with reckless driving and DUII.
Sunday, July 26
• A man rear-ended a car near Southwest Teal Boulevard and Scholls Ferry Road. He was initially cooperative with the other driver, but he then decided to leave and crashed into a $9,000 gate. He was arrested for DUII and hit-and-run.
• A man reported being in an altercation in the 5700 block of Southwest Erickson Avenue, where he was allegedly assaulted and his foot run over by a woman and two men, causing injuries. The man declined medical attention. He was noted to be very intoxicated.
• Officers responded to a restraining order violation in the 16300 block of Northwest Schendel Avenue. The man and the woman exchanged words during drop-off and pick-up of their daughter. Both said the other initiated the conversation and both denied responding to the other.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.