Beaverton Police Log: Aug. 17-23, 2020
Monday, Aug. 17
• Officers conducting a traffic stop near Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway and Highway 217 arrested the driver for possession of methamphetamine and the passenger for a felony warrant.
• Officers responded to a shoplifting call from Big 5 Sports, 11975 S.W. Canyon Road. The man allegedly resisted arrest and assaulted an officer. He had an outstanding warrant for his arrest.
Tuesday, Aug. 18
• Officers responded to a call about a man slumped over near Southwest 117th Avenue and Barnes Road. The man had a bag of methamphetamine, a bag of heroin and a container of Xanax pills.
• Officers placed a man on a hold in the 5000 block of Southwest Watson Avenue after he attempted suicide by drinking beer and taking pills.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
• Officers administered Narcan to a woman in the 100 block of Southwest 162nd Avenue and transported her to the hospital after she attempted suicide by taking pills.
• Officers responded to a call in the 13800 block of Southwest Berthold Street. A man apparently swung a broken dresser drawer at his stepfather. He was arrested for assault and menacing.
Thursday, Aug. 20
• Officers arrested two men in the 12000 block of Southwest Farmington Road after they attempted to break into cars by hitting them with heavy objects. One of the men had Xanax, the other had stolen ID.
• A temporary employee at a business in the 10700 block of Southwest Denney Road allegedly punched the manager in the ear after being asked to go home after just two days on the job. The man fled and reportedly threatened to stab another employee chasing after him.
Friday, Aug. 21
• A traffic stop near Highway 26 and Highway 217 resulted in the driver's arrest for drunken driving.
• A woman was arrested for assault in the 4700 block of Southwest Griffith Drive. Her ex-boyfriend attempted to leave the car and she allegedly accelerated in reverse, striking him with the car door.
• A business in the 14000 block of Southwest Allen Boulevard reported embezzlement by an employee in the amount of $21,539.
Saturday, Aug. 22
• A welfare check on a man asleep behind the wheel in the 11500 block of Southwest Canyon Road led to his arrest for drunken driving and drug possession.
• A traffic stop near Highway 217 and Southwest Scholls Ferry Road led to the arrest of the driver for a warrant, aggravated identity theft and theft of mail.
Sunday, Aug. 23
• A woman left her car in drive after she parked in the 15900 block of Southwest Canyon Road. The car collided with another vehicle.
• Officers arrested a driver near Southwest 170th Avenue and Heritage Court for drunken driving. A passenger was arrested for a warrant, recklessly endangering another person and interfering with an officer.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.