Beaverton Police Log: Sept. 21-27, 2020
Monday, Sept. 21
• After a night of partying, a 19-year-old man was arrested near Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard and Walker Road for drunken driving, reckless driving and reckless endangerment after he took his friend's truck and crashed into a construction site retaining wall.
• Officers respond to a location in the 11700 block of Southwest Clifford Street. A son prevented his father from calling 911 by taking the phone from him after he punched a hole on the wall and threw things around the house.
Tuesday, Sept. 22
• Officers conducted a traffic stop near Southwest Allen Boulevard and Highway 217 and discovered heroin and a stolen firearm in the car.
• A traffic stop near Southwest Canyon Road and Broadway Street led to a man providing false information and refusing to provide ID, although his wallet was in his pocket. The man was taken into custody and when officers opened his wallet, a bag of methamphetamine was discovered.
Wednesday, Sept. 23
• Officers responded to multiple calls about a reckless driver who crashed his vehicle into private property in the 11400 block of Southwest Beaverton Hillsdale Highway. He was arrested for drunken driving, reckless driving, endangering and vandalism.
• Officers stopped a man for drinking in public near Southwest Fifth Street and Highway 217. He was arrested on forgery, ID theft, trespassing and possession of methamphetamine charges.
Thursday, Sept. 24
• A traffic stop near Highway 217 and Southwest Allen Boulevard led to a drunk driving arrest. The driver admitted to being on methamphetamine and cocaine.
• Officers responding to an assistance call in the 12400 block of Southwest Pioneer Lane arrested a man for domestic violence strangulation and assault and unlawful use of a weapon.
Friday, Sept. 25
• Officers came across a single vehicle crashed into a tree near Southwest Millikan Way and Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard. They arrested the driver for DUII and reckless driving.
• A mother and son, working as caretakers in the 10200 block of Southwest Homestead Lane, accused each other of violent behavior in a man's home. The mother wanted the son to leave, the man wanted them both to leave and the man's family wanted them to leave but wouldn't fire them.
Saturday, Sept. 26
• Two men were caught attempting to enter vehicles in the 13400 block of Southwest Tualatin Valley Highway and fled in a stolen car. The fleeing driver backed into the patrol car causing damage. After a short pursuit, the driver crashed and was arrested.
• An unknown suspect stole a hand-held bar code scanner from a store in the 3400 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard valued at $1,500.
Sunday, Sept. 27
• A man struck his wife while driving her home near Highways 26 and 217. He interfered with her 911 call and wouldn't let her out the car. He was arrested for assault, interfering with making a report, coercion and harassment.
• A caller followed an intoxicated driver on Highway 26. Officers located the driver near Highways 26 and 217 and arrested him for DUII and reckless driving.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.