Beaverton Police Log: Oct. 5-11, 2020
Monday, Oct. 5
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a State of Oregon vehicle parked at a business in the 8800 block of Southwest Nimbus Avenue.
• Officers arrested a man causing a disturbance in the lobby of the Beaverton Police Department Public Safety Center, 6125 S.W. Hall St. He was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
• Officers arrested a man for burglary and criminal mischief at an apartment in the 9500 block of Southwest 146th Terrace. The suspect attempted to break into a neighbor's residence while banging on the door and screaming, eventually damaging the door.
Tuesday, Oct. 6
• Officers cited a man for drinking in public on Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard near Southwest Dawson Way. The man was walking down the sidewalk with an open Mike's Hard Lemonade.
• An unknown person urinated on a window in the 13000 block of Southwest Meridian Street. The urine splashed both inside and outside of the home.
• Officers arrested a woman for improper use of 9-1-1 at Audi Beaverton, 13745 S.W. Tualatin Valley Highway, after she repeatedly called 9-1-1 for a non-emergency situation and being advised to stop.
Wednesday, Oct. 7
• Officers arrested a transient who set up a camp at Valley Catholic High School, 4275 S.W. 148th Ave. They were charged with criminal trespass and offensive littering.
• Officers took a report of a disturbance between two memory care residents at Edgewood Point Assisted Living, 7733 S.W. Scholls Ferry Road. One resident suffered a broken hip following the incident. The report was forwarded to Adult Protective Services.
• Officers arrested a transient at Liberty Park, 12501 S.W. Fifth St., after causing a disturbance and threatening responding police with a metal pipe. The man was taken into custody for disorderly conduct, menacing, unlawful use of a weapon and offensive littering.
Thursday, Oct. 8
• Officers arrested a man for criminal mischief at an apartment complex in the 13000 block of Southwest Electric Avenue for throwing rocks and damaging a neighbor's vehicle.
• A firearm was stolen from a man at Extended Stay America, 875 S.W. 158th Ave. The victim was unable to provide a serial number for the gun.
• Officers responded to a report of a catalytic converter that was stolen from a work van at Dave's Garage Doors, 6195 S.W. 112th Ave. It was the fourth incident of theft in just a few months at the location. An investigation is ongoing.
Friday, Oct. 9
• Officers arrested a transient for disorderly conduct at Beaverton Hyundai, 13255 S.W. Farmington Road, after he was yelling and screaming in the parking lot.
• Officers arrested a man for possession of methamphetamine and shoplifting at The Home Depot, 4401 S.W. 110th Ave., following a report of a theft in progress at the store.
• A transient woman was arrested for causing damage at Fred Meyer, 11425 S.W. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. She was charged with disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, resisting arrest and inferring with a police officer after she refused to obey orders and spit on the partition, seat and floor of the police vehicle.
Saturday, Oct. 10
• Officers arrested a man for disorderly conduct after causing disturbances at Sunset Transit Center, Motel 6 and Fred Meyer in the 10000 block of Southwest Barnes Road.
• Officers cited three men for criminal mischief on Southwest Denney Road near Highway 217 after they admitted to spray-painting large murals of graffiti in the area.
• Officers arrested a man for menacing and unlawful use of a weapon after he threw a knife at his roommate and held a box cutter to his face in the 3200 block of Southwest 170th Avenue.
Sunday, Oct. 11
• Officers arrested a man for driving under the influence of intoxicants after crashing in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 7400 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard.
• A woman in the 13000 block of Southwest Farmington Road was arrested after crashing in front of a building and throwing alcoholic beverage cans out of the vehicle. She was charged with driving under the influence of intoxicants, resisting arrest, interfering with a police officer and assault of a public safety officer
• Officers arrested a man after a road rage incident. A Glock 43X and Glock 26 were seized as evidence at the scene. He was charged with being felon for being in possession of a firearm, menacing and unlawful use of a weapon on Southwest Watson Avenue near Southwest Broadway Street.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.