Nine Jesuit High School athletes sign Division I letters of intent
The COVID-19 pandemic may have put Oregon high school sports on hold for the past nine months, but that hasn't stopped those athletes from working and getting noticed.
At Jesuit High School, the school announced last week that nine of its athletes had signed National Letters of Intent to Division I schools.
Among the athletes who announced their college commitments on Wednesday, Nov. 11, were:
• Alison Buchholz — Washington and Lee University, volleyball
• Brody Marconi — Oregon State University, golf
• Jack Bennett — Columbia University, cross country and track and field
• Joe Vranizan — Georgetown University, lacrosse
• Maddy Koleno — University of Arizona, soccer
• Molly Grant — University of Notre Dame, cross country and track and field
• Olivia Juarez — University of Washington, soccer
• Paige Grant — University of Notre Dame, cross country and track and field
• Ryan Schumacher — University of Notre Dame, cross country and track and field
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.