It's Time for the Fair!
Will you be going all in this year? Our small town fair has always been so great, with down home fun and food! So how do you balance your trips to the Fair and maintain healthy eating?
PLANNING…Decrease your calorie intake by 500 calories & increase water by 8oz each day for 3 days in advance. Exercise every day and add an extra 30 minute walk after dinner. Bring a small cooler in your car with
extra water & plan on refilling your container, drinking
fountains may not be turned on this year.
· Pack your own water & drink a lot of it. NO SODA!
· Eat a good solid breakfast or lunch before you head in
· Pack snacks such as raw veggies & fruit
· Allow yourself 1 meal & 1 treat
· Don't eat: Soda, Cotton candy, deep fried anything, popcorn or anything in the carnival
· Do Eat: BBQ, Burrito, Cheeseburger, Ice cream,
strawberry shortcake, corn on the cob, Noodles & chicken
You're getting the idea, right!
Walk the entire place and make smart choices, don't just EAT to be Eating
· Look at all the exhibits and stay on your feet, keep
moving! Don't Sit!
· At the end of the day, enjoy the rodeo, have a beer or glass of wine & relax
· The next Day…get back on track immediately & exercise
keeping that extra walk going
· Use your fitness tracker if you have one and try to stay
"even" for the day.
It's a great time to join a fitness club and get started with your regime, get help & get in shape. Education is power! We offer a FREE fitness assessment with all new memberships.
265 S. Redwood Street
Canby, OR 97013