Carbohydrates: Whole vs Refined
Not all carbs are equal! The "FAT FREE" craze in the 80's created an addiction to refined carbs & sugar, the result is a fat America.
• Sugars. Sweet, short-chain carbs. glucose, fructose, and sucrose.
• Starches. Long chain carbs, reduced to short chain glucose in digestion.
• Fiber. We can't digest fiber, but the bacteria created in the gut is vital. (Probiotics)
Whole carbs are NOT processed & have natural fiber. Refined carbs remove or change natural fiber. Whole carbs digest slowly and are better for you. Refined carbs lack nutrients , thus are "empty calories, they contribute to obesity, type 2 diabetes & spiking blood sugar levels.
• Vegetables & low sugar fibrous fruit
• quinoa, barley, oats & whole grains
• legumes & beans
• potatoes & root veggies
• Sugary drinks, sodas, fruit juice & sports drinks.
• White bread, pastries, cookies & cakes.
• Refined Ice cream. Make it homemade & control the
sugar. Tastier too!
• Candies and chocolates. Hint: choose quality dark chocolate 70% or higher.
• French fries & potato chips. Stick to whole potatoes!
• Crackers, chips & snacks. Most are loaded with sugar.
It's always best to cook from scratch with whole all natural
foods, stay away from boxed and canned foods and read labels!
365 S. Redwood Street
Canby, OR 97013
Instagram or Facebook at Clubfitcanby or core-fit-at-clubfit