Library programs for October
The Canby Public Library offers a variety of programs throughout the month. Here's a look at some of what's available in October.
- Movie night returns on Thursday, Oct. 12, at 6 p.m. at the Canby Public Library. This month the movie "A Dog's Purpose" will be featured. Spanish movie night will be Thursday, Oct. 19, at 6 p.m. with "Atrapa la Bandera" playing.
- A Halloween craft and book giveaway will be held at the Canby Public Library on Tuesday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The book group will meet Thursday, Oct. 19, at 2 p.m. to discuss the work, "The Girl Who Fell From the Sky," by Heidi Durrow. The history book group will gather Wednesday, Oct. 25, at 4 p.m. to examine "Falling Leaves: The True Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter," by Adeline Mah.
- The "Pushing The Limits" climate talk program at the Canby Public Library will be held Oct. 2, 10 and 17 at 6:30 p.m.
- A holiday card making program will be held Tuesday, Oct. 24, at 6 p.m. at the library. Participants will be able to create two professional looking holiday cards. Registration is required and the class is for teens and adults.
- Canby Public Library will hold a "Halloween Fun" evening on Wednesday, Oct. 25, at 6 p.m. There will be games, treats and more during the program.