Independence Day Celebration
The Canby Independence Day Celebration will be held on Wednesday, July 4, in downtown Canby. As always, the event will start in the morning and continue through the afternoon, then into the evening with Canby's traditional fireworks display.
The Canby Main Street program invites folks to come celebrate with. This longstanding Canby tradition is a perfect way to spend the holiday.
The festivities will include:
- Car show – The car show will be relocated to its traditional location on NW Fifth Avenue and N. Grant Street. The car show will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Parade – The parade starts at 10 a.m. and will have floats from local businesses, community organizations, and citizens. The parade will start at Knight Elementary School and will showcase First Avenue.
- Children's activities – There will be arts and crafts, the fire department's obstacle course, a game truck for some high-tech fun, and even more bouncy houses than ever before.
- Vendors – Check out local food, arts and crafts, and nonprofit vendors. Vendors and the street fair open at 9:30 a.m. The street fair and vendors will be set up around Wait Park.
- Beer Garden – Brews and BBQ will take place on NW Second Avenue between N. Holly Street and N. Ivy Street.
- Live Music – There will be three live bands playing music: Cool Change 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the beer garden; Big Yellow Taxi from 2 to 5 p.m. in the beer garden; and Return Flight from Noon to 2 p.m., and from 3 to 4 p.m. in Wait Park.
- Fireworks – The firework display is run by the Canby Fire Department and will begin at dusk. Be on the lookout for donation boxes around downtown Canby in the weeks leading up to the celebration.
For more information, check out the website at www.canbyindependenceday.com.
If you would like to be a vendor or a parade participant, fill out an application and return forms by mail to: PO Box 930, Canby, OR 97013 or drop-off to: Development Services, 222 NE 2nd Avenue, 2nd Floor Lobby.