Aurora seeks volunteers
The City of Aurora is seeking applicants who would be interested in filling upcoming vacancies for Positions 1, 2, 4 and 5 on its Planning Commission.
The successful applicants will be sworn in during the Planning Commission's January meeting. The term for Position 5 expires in January 2021. All of the rest expire in January 2023.
The requirements for the Planning Commission positions are as follows:
-The candidates shall be eligible for an elective office of the City unless at the time of his appointment he is a qualified elector with the meaning of the State Constitution.
- The candidates must live within the City Limits.
The responsibilities of the Planning Commission's positions are as follows:
- The City Planning Commissioners shall be willing to serve on any committee that they are appointed to by the Planning Commission Chair
- They shall have a vote on all questions before the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commissioners shall carry out the rules of the Planning Commission as outlined in the Aurora Municipal Code.
- The Planning Commissioners must be committed to attending at least one meeting a month, which usually lasts about 2.5 hours.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)