The City of Aurora is seeking applicants who would be interested in filling upcoming vacancies for Positions 1, 2, 4 and 5 on its Planning Commission.
The successful applicants will be sworn in during the Planning Commission's January meeting. The term for Position 5 expires in January 2021. All of the rest expire in January 2023.
The requirements for the Planning Commission positions are as follows:
-The candidates shall be eligible for an elective office of the City unless at the time of his appointment he is a qualified elector with the meaning of the State Constitution.
- The candidates must live within the City Limits.
The responsibilities of the Planning Commission's positions are as follows:
- The City Planning Commissioners shall be willing to serve on any committee that they are appointed to by the Planning Commission Chair
- They shall have a vote on all questions before the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commissioners shall carry out the rules of the Planning Commission as outlined in the Aurora Municipal Code.
- The Planning Commissioners must be committed to attending at least one meeting a month, which usually lasts about 2.5 hours.