County looking for help
The Housing Advisory Board advises the Board of Commissioners and Housing Authority Board on housing development, policy matters, housing issues, and programs and services for low and moderate income residents of Clackamas County.
In addition to these duties, the HAB will provide analysis and feedback regarding Metro Affordable Housing Bond projects that are proposed through the Housing Authority of Clackamas County.
This board is seeking up to nine new members with expertise in affordable housing and housing policy matters in one or more of the areas below:
- Member drawn from a culturally specific or minority group within Clackamas County
- Member from a culturally specific service provider serving Clackamas County
- Member drawn from the elderly community
- Member involved in real estate management and/or development
- Member with expertise in affordable housing
- Member drawn from the design and planning professions
- Member drawn from the construction general contracting profession
- Member drawn from the legal profession
- Member representing rural communities
Once the recruitment period has ended, a meeting schedule will be created based on final selection and availability of the selected members. It is anticipated that the board will meet at least once a month for a two hour period.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to consider the required time commitment prior to applying.
The deadline for applications is August 1, 2019.
People interested in this and other opportunities can apply online or with a paper form available from Public & Government Affairs by calling 503-655-8751 or at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)