Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



The weekend of Nov. 23-24 was a busy one for the fire district, with plenty of calls, including two fires

Aurora firefighters were busy over the weekend, responding to a total of 10 emergency calls, including medical emergencies, a distressed aircraft, and a pair of residential structure fires.

At about 2:40 p.m. on Nov. 23, Aurora Fire District responded to multiple calls of a home on fire on Cessna St NE near the Aurora Airport. Initial reports indicated that a mobile home was on fire and that a person was attempting to control the fire with a garden hose.

Fire crews responded from both the Donald and Aurora Fire stations, along with mutual aid from both Canby Fire District and TVF&R. After a quick assessment of the situation by the commanding officer, a second alarm, requesting additional resources from Hubbard, Woodburn, and St. Paul Fire districts, including additional water tenders, was issued. The Marion County Sheriff's Office also responded to assist.

In all, that fire required five engines, four water tenders, two chiefs and a support unit.

AURORA FIRE DISTRICT - Aurora Fire District responded to a garage fire on Sunday, Nov. 24.

According to Aurora Fire District, fire crews worked for 1 ½ hours to extinguish the fire and bring it under control. Only one home was damaged by the fire. No injuries were reported. The homeowner and his son were assisted by the Red Cross. After investigation, the fire was determined to be accidental, caused by an electrical failure.

A day later, a garage fire call came in at 12:41 p.m., though updated information soon revealed that the fire was actually in an apartment within the detached garage.

Aurora Fire was also advised that the homeowner was attempting to extinguish the fire with fire extinguishers. Fire crews responded from both Aurora and Donald fire stations and were assisted by mutual aid from Hubbard, Woodburn, Canby, and Monitor Fire Districts, with Woodburn Ambulance on standby.

The commanding officer immediately requested additional water tenders due to the rural response. The fire was quickly extinguished by fire crews and the fire was determined under control within 20 minutes. Crews continued to work to ensure the fire was completely extinguished.

In all, this fire required five fire engines, five water tenders, three chiefs and a support unit.

The fire crews spent another 40 minutes making sure the fire did not spread throughout the structure and checked for hot spots. No injuries were reported. The apartment was determined to be vacant at the time of the fire, so no residents were displaced due to the incident.

The fire is currently under investigation by the Aurora Fire District, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, and the Oregon State Police.

Although nobody was injured in these fires, it was discovered that there were no working smoke detectors in either home.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework