Canby Area Transit makes changes
Canby Area Transit is making some changes to help battle COVID-19.In order to comply with the Oregon Health Authority Guidance for public transit agencies, the following changes were implemented on Wednesday, May 20:
• All passengers will be required to wear face coverings when riding the bus. Drivers carry a limited supply of disposable masks. Riders are encouraged to provide their own face covering.
• All riders must maintain 3 feet of distance at all times and 6 feet of distance from the driver. Seats on the buses will be blocked to promote social distancing.
• Each bus will have a published maximum occupancy. The number of riders cannot exceed the occupancy.
• Buses will be target cleaned every four hours.
The buses will remain fareless through June 2020.
• Canby Area Transit (CAT) is operating as usual. The Route 99X and the Dial-A-Ride program are both operational.
Also, the CAT Dial-A-Ride program will make every effort to transport seniors and others who are highly susceptible to illness to grocery stores during the times designated by the stores for their exclusive use. Although, CAT cannot provide individual trips, it will provide public transit service to grocery stores during those times.For more information, call 503-266-4022 and press 2 as soon as the recording begins. This will transfer the call directly to the dispatch office.Buses are being disinfected at least daily and CDC approved disinfectants are available on all buses for use by drivers as needed.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.