Blaze starts in the home's garage and spreads to attic, displacing two residents

PHOTO COURTESY OF CROOK COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE - Home was a total loss, according to Crook County Fire and Rescue reports.

A garage fire erupted at a Northwest Eighth Street residence Christmas Eve morning, destroying the home and displacing its occupants.

According to Fire Marshal Russ Deboodt with Crook County Fire and Rescue, the fire was reported around 9:50 a.m. Crews arrived at the home and found a fire that had started in the garage and spread to the home's attic. Crews responded with two fire engines, and ambulance and 15 firefighters.

The home was a total loss, Deboodt reported, and two residents and five pets were displaced. Red Cross has provided resources to help address the immediate basic needs of those affected by the blaze including temporary housing, food, clothing, comfort kits, information about recovery services, and health and mental health services.

An investigation determined that the fire started in the garage after a small engine backfired, igniting flammable liquids near the engine.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine